Recommendations for Stopover hotel in Manado?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nstead

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi there,

I'll be going on a trip to Raja Ampat in Jan 2012, and will need a 1-night stopover in Manado on the way back.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good, mid-range hotel? Ideally one with a pool, since I'll be there for almost 24 hours.

Thanks in advance,

Neil.

aston and quality has no pool but located down town, walking distance to mall and resataurant.
Sedona has nice pool and lagoon; a bit far from airport; not far from sedona is tasik ria,
santika, has pool - and dive center too; close to Bunaken.
Peninsula, new 5* hotel, look very nice, never been there.

I'm at Tasik Ria now, great dive resort, but a good hours drive from the airport, could be longer if the traffic is bad. Suggest something closer to the airport for a stop over, unless you want to dive! It does have a pool, and air-conditioned rooms, airport transfer is free if it is at the right time of day.

If ever your arrival is scheduled late or your departure flight is leaving early in the morning, the Novotel is the closest of the hotels in Manado providing a pool and even a golf course.
(Generally the breakfast at Accor group hotels is good if not sometimes great, like in almost all Sofitel hotels)

That said, it is a business/conference hotel and also the furthest from Manado town.

We stayed at the Novotel Golf Resort and Convention Center. We pre booked online for $41 total a night! They had a little shop at the airport( outside) and offered us a free shuttle to their hotel. The rooms were excellent, service excellent, food good , free internet , free shuttle back to the airport in the morning ( very early) and they even sent us off with a bagged breakfast! They were GREAT!!!!! I think we booked on the Agoda site! Check it out. We will go back there for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!! To get the $41 deal it was a non refundable price .

Always stay at the Ritzy, pool, mall down the street.

Jake11 you have just helped me make my mind up. I have two night's to blow in Manado and currently a superior room at the Novo is $48 per night with breakfast on Agoda!! Not to shabby!! And with a super early flight being close to the airport is brilliant.

Good choice Al Mitch! There were 4 people in our group and both couples loved that hotel. If you have that super early flight to Sorong make sure you tell them that you want your breakfast and they will prepare it for you. I think we left the hotel at something like 4:30 am and they not only took us at that extrememly early hour but they brought out our breakfast to the car for us! They also had a happy hour by the pool the day we arrived! When you get your luggage and go outside look for their little store front and tell them you need a shuttle to the hotel. We happened upon it by chance on the way back from getting our paper tickets for express air. We were all set to get a taxi and voila there it was! Also, if you have a day to kill and have not seen the Tarsier monkeys then I would take a tour to go see them! It will be a long haul from Manado but we loved it! Have fun!!

Love your work Jake! Keep the tips rolling!
I can imagine that breakfast was far better than anything you would find at the airport or on the plane!
To be honest I think I will be using that day to chill by the pool and get a few massages! But if we're feeling up for it a trip into the jungle may not be a bad idea.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom