Recommendations for Wrist computer with data transfer ~$500

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Unterberg

Registered
Reaction score
Hi

I have no idea about dive computers and am about to buy my first one. I would like to have a wrist one and dont really need integrated air. But I would like to be able to log my dives on the computer so would like to have data transfer.

I would like to stay below $500 maybe even $400 depending on what is available.
Any recommendations or tips?

Thanks very much

Nitek duo's are available used for 2-300 bucks. It is a conservative nitrox two gas computer that you will not outgrow, as it works great as a bottom timer if you progress that far.
Eric

We're going to need more info...

What kind of features are important to you?
User-replaceable battery, small wristwatch size (can be worn as a watch topside), gauge mode, dual algorithm, backlight, wristband/bungee-mount options, nitrox capable, algorithm more conservative or more liberal, large numbers, intuitive interface

What kind of diving will you be doing (today and in the next 5 years)?

What brands of computers do your dive buddies use?

Where do you live? (Whether an authorized local dealer exists can affect pricing, availability, and ease of servicing.)

Good point bubbletrouble

I would like to be able to change batteries myself. I dont worry about the size since I dont want to use it as a watch. Any way I can fit it on my arm should suffice ;-)
Dual algorithm would be nice as well as gauge and freedive modes. Conservative or liberal should be fine.
Number size isnt important but backlight would be good for nightdives.
I have done about 70 dives this year. About 10 night dives and also 20 on nitrox. Apart from that mainly no-deco dives down to about 35m max. Probably 12-15m average. It will probably be similar usage in the future.
I will mainly be diving in Australia where I live.

Since you live in Australia, you can still purchase the Scuba Pro Xtender. It looks & works well as both a watch & nitrox dive computer. It is not air integrated, but it will log about 1000 dives....

Since you live in Australia, you can still purchase the Scuba Pro Xtender. It looks & works well as both a watch & nitrox dive computer. It is not air integrated, but it will log about 1000 dives....

I cant find a shop online that still sells it. Also I'd rather get sth new and I dont mind buying overseas with the strong Aussie dollar.

I have actually been looking at the Oceanic Veo 3.0 and the Cressi Edy 2 just then.
Look very similar. What are the differences? Any other computers I should consider?

Last edited:
Oceanic Geo 2

User-replaceable battery, small wristwatch size, gauge mode, dual algorithm, backlight, nitrox capable, algorithm more conservative or more liberal, easy to read, data download (with expensive cable)

UWATEC Aladin TEC 2G ALADIN 2G - SCUBAPRO-UWATEC or an Aladin Prime. ScubaPro stopped carrying the Prime this year, but you still may be able to find one. The main difference between the two is that the TEC 2G will do multi-gas dives, where the Prime only calculates a single gas.

..... I have no idea about dive computers and am about to buy my first one. ............. Any recommendations or tips?

Start HERE

Alberto (aka eDiver)

Ok I have ordered a Oceanic Geo 2 with the datacable. That should be all I needed.
Thanks for the advice

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom