Recommendations - Great Barrier Reef from Sydney

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Haha everyone. Someone suggested catching a High speed ferry from Brisbane to southern edge of GBR. Said something about platforms dive operators have where boats moore. didnt' think there were places to overnight in area which is why thought had to do as day trips.

I since found a live aboard that does 2d/1n out of Cairns so will go that route. Fly out of Sydney Thurs night and back to Sydney Sat night.

I didn't book any air yet so good to go.

Just looking at options..
Still problematic for that plan.

25 March is not a Thursday, it is a Wednesday. 27 March is Friday, not Saturday. Unless of course you are talking about 2021 then your dates are correct.

Anyway, no night flights to Cairns, latest one is just before 1600 hours. In addition, another problem is that the last flight from Cairns that can get into Sydney before the airport curfew leave at about 1800 hours. My guess is that you would be hard pressed to make this flight after getting back from the boat trip. In addition, you would only be able to dive on the first day and not do a night dive either due to non flight time of 24 hours. You would be wasting the whole of the second day.

Really, your best option is to not go to Cairns and dive somewhere else, say Sydney. You basically waste over a day travelling for one day's diving and one day sitting on a boat.

Reactions: Dan
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom