Recommended instructors Lauderdale-by-the-Sea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jcp2

15’ vis is a good day in the pond
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm going to be there at the beginning of July with my daughter. I have AOW, she has junior OW (PADI). She wants to also take junior AOW while she is there. Would it be better to go with Gold Coast Scuba or Deep Blue Divers off the shore, close to where we would be staying, or drive a tad north to go with a boat based operation? Also, would I be able to "take" the class with her? I'm happy to pay the instructor their fee, but not interested in paying for materials or card, since I already have one.

I guess I would say two things. I have an op and a daughter who is an Instructor (not with me) and a son who is Rescue but doesn’t have time for the next step. We totally stepped back from all our kids training from the very beginning. Left it up to the pros without burdening the kids with mom or dad albeit divers but with how much training. Wanted the kids to to have a chance to excel. Secondly when we found an instructor we respected after a getting more into diving we purposely went back to them for ourselves and our kids. It’s how we feel in love with this place. Your knowledge for what suits you is much more meaningful than some random person on the internet.

Boat would be better as from shore, unless you swim forever, max depth of 15, 20 feet maybe. Gold Coast does training off boats, usually with places like South Florida Diving Headquarters.

I highly recommend Gold Coast Scuba. If you can snag a class with Bill or Lizbeth Frenier, you won't regret it.

I teach in this area and may be available, I would also recommend Ryan Custureri.

Reports of experiences from GCS are less than superlative.

I took AOW with @LandonL. I got a lot out of the course and had a great time.

I did a mix of shore dives (LBTS) and boat dives (Pompano). It's shallow from the shore, but there's plenty to see, plenty of opportunity to work on skills, and you don't have to get on a boat (a plus to me).

I can't wait to get back down there. I had a blast diving from the beach. You get to meet some interesting people, too.:D

I did a course with both Landon and Ryan. I would highly recommend both of them.
oh yeah, I forgot about Landon. He's another good one.

Reports of experiences from GCS are less than superlative.

Have to differ on this one......While its been more than a few years, I had a great experience with GCS when I got my Rescue Cert.

And that's not an uninformed opinion. I did my AOW with Scuba Club WPB and Deco Procedures/Advanced Nitrox & Solo with Jupiter Dive Center, so have trained with some pretty good operators to compare GCS with.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom