Recommended PLB?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks, JD I did not know about that one either. It looks similar to the McMurdo. Since they do not sell the McMurdo anymore this looks like a great option.

Dan, what is the clear container that looks like a thermos or plastic water bottle holding the PLB1? How deep is it rated for?

I wrote an article about the best PLBs and include submersible containers but have not seen that one before.
21 Best Personal Locator Beacons PLB | by Captain Cody 2020

Sorry for the late reply. I did not get alert from SB.

That clear container is custom made one by local machine shop per my drawing. You won't find it any where.

Update for all of you, I have been using the Wicked PLB dive canister, it was a very good price and has added safety items included. I saw this on an Indo live aboard last year and the guy that had it seemed pleased. I choose this one because its a bit larger than a similar one I had for my old PLB and houses the new line of PLB's from ACR. I believe it's now available on the Amazon USA site. So far so good......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom