Recommended settings for first dive IC 14

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cammurphy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
about to do first dive with my IC 14.......50-80 feet, blue water daytime very good viz...have 4000 strobe...no filter...looking for best settings to start from.

Diving on my birthday in Turks...yippeee

I like to use the IC14 on Intelligence mode along with a single or double strobe. Utilize the auto focus function of the camera by pressing the shutter button half way down first to allow it to make all the proper calculations. Then once focused press the button the rest of the way down. This will make sure most of your pictures come out crisp do to all the motion going on under water. Also make sure the strobe and the camera lens are both never pointing in the exact same direction. If you do you may see a lot of back scatter in you pictures. Always have the strobe slightly angled at the subject. Lastly adjust the power of the strobe based on how close to the subject you are. If real close take it down to a lower power so you don’t over expose the picture. If far away turn it all the way up so the light burst can reach the subject. That will give you a pretty solid foundation and will be happy with the results. Mahalo

Back
Top Bottom