Recommended technical harnesses and wings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I seem to remember reading about Apeks using non-standard threads on their OPV and inflator fittings, so that you can't just replace them with the readily available generic versions(or the great OPV from DSS). Something to keep in mind.

they use the seaquest/aqualung fittings, so finding one isn't terribly hard as aqualung dealers are pretty common around the world. or just carry a spare one.

Seaquest Universal Quick Dump/OPV

Did aqualung stop their absurd “we are so special” reg connectors? I got one of those for a pony and naturally aqualung doesn’t make their “we are so special” low pressure hoses of a useful length for that. I was really annoyed that I explained what I was going to do and got that “stuff” anyhow.

apeks flight still has it i believe. the new revision of the titan and calypso don't have it anymore. you always could order them in a version to take the traditional hose fitting though.

Going to things like stainless steel cobra buckles will resolve the vast majority of the damage issues.
Interesting. I am not familiar with cobra buckles, at least by that name. It would be helpful to hear more about them from divers who use them.

If you are possibly looking for something different, look into the xDeep project. It has many innovative features in the plate, wing, and harness. The only thing they haven’t yet come out with is a redundant bladder, which is still being ce tested. The scuba tech phillipines guy Andy Davis has a review of it on this webpage.

Interesting. I am not familiar with cobra buckles, at least by that name. It would be helpful to hear more about them from divers who use them.

as said by @KevinNM they're usually in safety slings/harnesses. The SS ones are pretty nice. I have several of them from a project I did on rescue slings at work, but don't do enough ocean diving to bother putting them on my harnesses

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom