Recovering Subaholic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pasley

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hello,
My name is Melvin and I am a recovering SCUBAholic. I have been dry for 2 weeks now. It has been rough, but I keep taking it one day at a time.

I must confess every day is still a struggle. Just a few moments ago I went into the spare bathroom where my BC and wetsuit hang for something or other. I found myself checking the BC and briefly thought of taking it out for a dive.

But I must remain strong. With the help of my friends I can make it through. It helps if I stay busy. So I am going now to play a rousing game of solitare.

pasley:
<snipped> It helps if I stay busy.

We share your pain, Melvin, but I look at the bright side: my orchids are getting repotted and I am doing other things that I wouldn't have bothered with otherwise. Take advantage of the misery!

If only it were that easy. Be strong.

What are you wussies talking about? 40-50 ft vis in the Dive Park today (Sun). Of course I didn't go in, but that was the report from three different groups. Darn.

Dr. Bill

Hi, my name is Jan. I too am a scubaholic. I have been dry since Thursday night when the drizzle first started. I admit to diving while it's been raining, but it was the first rain of the day. I was to be on a boat to Catalina on Saturday, however, that got canceled due to the wet stuff. (we were going to be wet anyway, so???). In our desperate plea to go under this weekend, we had booked ourselves on the Catalina Express with the hopes of catching a boat from Scuba Luv. Due to the downpour and electrical storm Friday night, ended up sleeping in Saturday morning instead. I need to go buy a rubber chicken so that I can join others in the chicken dance so that we can all feed our addiction. I don't know how much more I can take. Good thing I like macro diving. LOL

Dear Nature,

I only have a few more dives to finish my mapping project and therefore, my divemaster rating. This has become pretty much impossible due to all the rain.

Could you please leave us alone? I'd really like to be done now.

Thanks for nothing,

- David

pasley:
Hello,
My name is Melvin and I am a recovering SCUBAholic. I have been dry for 2 weeks now. It has been rough, but I keep taking it one day at a time.

I must confess every day is still a struggle. Just a few moments ago I went into the spare bathroom where my BC and wetsuit hang for something or other. I found myself checking the BC and briefly thought of taking it out for a dive.

But I must remain strong. With the help of my friends I can make it through. It helps if I stay busy. So I am going now to play a rousing game of solitare.

drbill:
What are you wussies talking about? 40-50 ft vis in the Dive Park today (Sun). Of course I didn't go in, but that was the report from three different groups. Darn.

Dr. Bill

Bill, sometimes you can be a real jeerk....

Back
Top Bottom