Recreational dive light recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Video lights are good for blinding everyone around you. If the water has any particulate in it, the backscatter will keep you from seeing anything as well. There are reasons why dive lights have a tight beam to them, because that is what works when diving. You also need that tight beam for any signaling.

+1 for the CX-1 light although the tail button suffers some pretty bad stiction despite rinsing it after every dive.

Hey Lowwall and Jayfarmlaw,

Thanks for the kind words. And thanks for pointing out our customer service policy.

I am very fortunate to dive often. And, I am equally fortunate to meet a lot of my customers wherever I go. On many occasions, I even get to dive with my customers and they become my dive buddies. So, quite naturally, I want every customer to be 100% satisfied with their buying experience, because I never know when I will bump into a customer.

Additionally, as Lowwall mentioned, I import a lot of lights from this factory and the failure rate is near zero. My warehouse is in Fredericksburg Virginia, so orders are processed and shipped quickly - usually within one business day.

If one of my customers did have a problem with a light or any MAKO product, we will definitely take care of them.

Thanks again, guys.

Dive safe,
dano

Thanks to everyone who responded. I haven’t quite made up my mind yet but at least the field is narrowed considerably. :cheers:

I like the D06 light from XTAR. It has a slider for controlling the light level and for turning the light off. It's a compact light that runs on the 18650 battery and it fits into an Oxycheq light glove (a soft Goodman handle).

The advantage when doing video is you can quickly shut this light off and on when filming. With button lights you have to run through a sequence when you turn on or off.

Their newest version is rated at 1600 lumens, which is probably an exaggeration but it's still a bright light. The light needs a good battery to deliver the amperage without shutting down.

Back
Top Bottom