Red Filter for PT-033

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My friend has loaned me a home made removable Magic Filter mount for my Oly-5050. Mount the Magic Filter between 2 UV filters and screw them together. When I get in the water I loosen one side and flood it with water, just like burping a lens. Now I can take it on and off as I need it. After each dive you have to rinse the filter and the filter and dry well.

Dee:
My friend has loaned me a home made removable Magic Filter mount for my Oly-5050. Mount the Magic Filter between 2 UV filters and screw them together. When I get in the water I loosen one side and flood it with water, just like burping a lens. Now I can take it on and off as I need it. After each dive you have to rinse the filter and the filter and dry well.

Picture, please????????????

bfisher:
Picture, please????????????

LOL...I have to find it first! I'm in the process of remodeling my 'everything' room and everything is totally packed away. But I'll post photos as soon as I can.

bfisher.....here's some photos of the filter. I can't take credit for the construction. JTemple made it and loaned it to me for my last dive trip.

Both UV filters connected....
P8270060.jpg

Magic Filter encased between....
P8270059.jpg

Complete unit with tether zip tie for security....
P8270057.jpg

The size of the lens port on my PT-15 is 67mm. So if you find UV filters the size you need for your housing, you should be able to make one. I'm wondering what to use to seal the 2 UV filters to make them water tight.

Ahem, Dee, now that you found it... could I have it back, please? ROFL!!!

I'm making another one for my Fuji housing. I think I will seal it with some marine grade silicone and then, possibly, some marine epoxy over that. I think for the next trip I'll just try the silicone and see how that works.

If you send it back to me, I'll do that one up, as well, and we can share it next trip.

Is that a Magic Filter on the lens? I just ordered a set of 3 Magic Filters a couple days ago--from the UK. I like how that is made. Pretty much what I've been thinking of doing. Thanks for the pic. Now give it back to it's owner.

It's the auto magic filter sandwiched between 2 UV filters.

JTemple:
Ahem, Dee, now that you found it... could I have it back, please? ROFL!!!

Hey...you knew it wasn't lost, just put somewhere for safe keeping! LOL!~

OK, more questions. I've done some looking around and somehow, I'm dense.

How do I do this for a PT030 housing? I think it's a 46mm. And whre's the best place you've found for the UV filters? And why the UV filters in the firs place?

I'm totally larning some of this stuff.

Still haven't recieved my Magic Filters yet. My next dive trip isn't till January so I have time to plan, but don't want to dally.

bfisher:
And why the UV filters in the first place?
In topside photography, UV filters are often used just to protect the main lens from dust and scratches. It's really just using a relatively cheap piece of clear glass to protect the expensive stuff.

In the case with the magic filter mentioned above, they are just being used to hold the filter in place.

Back
Top Bottom