Red Filter via eBay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divinh

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I took a gamble and ordered a "JUNESTAR 67mm Diving filter Red". I thought the issue I would be dealing with is possibly the red filter might be too red, but from the photos, it does look like the proper orange.

After waiting a few weeks, the filter finally arrived... and I was given a standard Red Filter, even says so on the side! I immediately contacted the seller and said the filter is not what is advertised (9 more available) nor the right kind. The seller said they have the right kind of filter, what is advertised, but it was more expensive, so suggested that I take a partial refund and not send the Red Filter back. I said that they should send me what is advertised or I'll take the partial refund and write a product review. They offered the partial refund.

I accepted and wrote a review, saying the filter isn't meant for underwater. eBay won't post my one star review of the product. Upon further investigation, eBay doesn't do reviews very well. It's suspected that they won't post negative reviews or reviews mentioning that the product delivered isn't correct.

It seems like the only way to warn potential buyers that the product is not suited for underwater use is to write a negative feedback on the seller. Here's the conundrum: The seller has 100% positive feedback and is based out of China. eBay may be the seller's livelihood. I'm giving the seller one more chance to make it right, by sending me the correct filter and I'll return the partial refund; otherwise, do I post the first negative feedback?

We're talking about a $6.20 product and I got $2.20 back, as a partial refund. I used a $5 eBay coupon, so it only actually cost me $1.20. eBay gets $1 and eats $4, which is the way eBay coupons work. The amount of work the seller went through is probably worth $4, even to send me the incorrect product.

Should I let this go? Or should I expect the seller to live up to their 100% buyer satisfaction guarantee?

eBay ad... (price has gone up and free shipping is gone) Did 15 other people buy this product and get the correct one? Or are they using the wrong red filter?

Screenshot_20190409_050701.png

What I received....

IMG_20190408_173643_1k.jpg

I was just looking at this filter today. Thanks for the heads up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom