Red Sail v. Cayman Turtle Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Like I said - there are plusses and minuses both ways

I really liked the smaller groups on Red Sail - I would say they are probably better geared towards less experienced divers (like me and my family)

Well, when you have such a small group that your group is pretty much the only one on the boat, then they cater VERY well for less experienced divers. :)

I think that it depends a lot on the day and who they have on board, to be honest, the big guys and the little ones.

Reef Divers in Brac were awesome - there was my family and one other extended/multi-generational family on the boat - two dive masters - beautiful diving - would return to Brac for sure

I was curious so went back to my dive log and computed the average bottom time for deep (first) vs shallow (second) dives for 5 dive ops on GC (including Red Sail) that I had a least 5 dive trips with, and they all came out to about 50 min deep/60 min shallow, give or take a minute or so. So, FWIW, Red Sail was no better or worse regarding average bottom time than the others, who were no better or worse than each other, in my experience. Interesting finding for me, as that's now one factor I won't have to consider when choosing among any of those dive ops. Enjoy your diving with whatever dive op you choose!

My daughter and I did a shallow reef dive (50') with Red Sail today, and we had a 70 minute dive. We were the last ones on the boat - no problems, no issues, no complaints. And I expect it would have been the same thing with any of the ops on GC.

I dove w Tortuga Divers (Red Sail) and Ocean Frontiers. I like them both. They all give me my extended bottom times, first in and last one out. As long as you have a buddy! And the SI starts after the last diver out of the water. I usually stay at Morritt’s, when I arrive I do their afternoon dive which is 2pm. The 2-tanks morning dives, I go w Ocean Frontiers since they go out at 8am. I make lunch for the family and I’m out again w Morritt’s for their afternoon dives. I don’t do a bag drag, I bring 2-BC, 2 wetsuits, and fins. I just bring my regulators, computer, and mask back and forth.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom