Red Sea (Egypt) closed (covid-19 confined)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MY Blue is a really nice boat.

Yes, it sure looks like it. I was going to book with them, but couldn't find anything back to back that fit my schedule.

discovery divers and blue planet liveaboards are operating end of July. I’m trying to get a spot if any left.

Just an FYI - your airline might require a negative Covid-19 PCR test in order for you to fly OUT of Egypt.

I just found out that tidbit today. I'm on Emirates. They have a list of approved labs and hospitals and they all appear to be in Cairo. I'm only going to be in Cairo for seven hours.

Am I really going to have to cancel my trip because I can't get a Covid test to get on a plane??? I'm only transitting through Dubai for two hours. :-(

These are the approved laboratories for Egypt:
El-Safa hospital, Mohandessin • Elmaamoun centre, Heliopolis • El-Amal hospital, Mohandessin • El-Nasr hospital, Nasr city • El-Salam hospital, Maadi • Alfa scan; 73 El-Marghani street, Heliopolis • Nile Badrawi hospitale, Maadi • Ain Shams hospital • Reference laboratory for university hospitals • Prime Speed Medical • Central Public Health Laboratories • Aljazera Hospital, Algiza 1

Does anyone know if any of them have a location in Hurghada? I can't find any information.

Just an FYI - your airline might require a negative Covid-19 PCR test in order for you to fly OUT of Egypt.

I just found out that tidbit today. I'm on Emirates. They have a list of approved labs and hospitals and they all appear to be in Cairo. I'm only going to be in Cairo for seven hours.

Am I really going to have to cancel my trip because I can't get a Covid test to get on a plane??? I'm only transitting through Dubai for two hours. :-(

These are the approved laboratories for Egypt:
El-Safa hospital, Mohandessin • Elmaamoun centre, Heliopolis • El-Amal hospital, Mohandessin • El-Nasr hospital, Nasr city • El-Salam hospital, Maadi • Alfa scan; 73 El-Marghani street, Heliopolis • Nile Badrawi hospitale, Maadi • Ain Shams hospital • Reference laboratory for university hospitals • Prime Speed Medical • Central Public Health Laboratories • Aljazera Hospital, Algiza 1

Does anyone know if any of them have a location in Hurghada? I can't find any information.

Oh dear...that’s a very odd requirements though... ‘you need a test to get out’....if they need that they would be the first in the world to require it and you would think it would be widely reported by now?

Oh dear...that’s a very odd requirements though... ‘you need a test to get out’....if they need that they would be the first in the world to require it and you would think it would be widely reported by now?

I guess I didn't word that well. The COUNTRY isn't requiring the test. The airline is.

This is the statement on Emirate's page: "If you are flying with Emirates from the countries or airports specified below, you must carry a negative PCR certificate issued by a local government approved laboratory to be accepted on the flight. If the UAE government has specified a designated laboratory in your country of origin, you must get your test certificate from that lab. Certificates must be issued no more than 96 hours before departure"

So, in my case, I'll have a test to enter Egypt since I'm coming from the USA (albeit an island with 8 cases). Then, in order to have a stopover of less than two hours in the Dubai airport, Emirates won't let me on their plane to leave Egypt without a Covid 19 test from a lab approved by the UAE government.

My point was to check the airline requirements heading BOTH directions, not just into Egypt.

Indonesia requires you to take one within 72 hours before departure.

Indonesia requires you to take one within 72 hours before departure.
From any location or just if you are leaving Indonesia? I.e. what if you are flying from Bali to Ambon?

I wonder where all the non residents who are getting kicked out will be getting one?

From any location or just if you are leaving Indonesia? I.e. what if you are flying from Bali to Ambon?

I wonder where all the non residents who are getting kicked out will be getting one?

My cousin needed to fly from Jakarta to Medan and she is required to take it and show negative before they allow her to board the plane.

So, forget about going to Indonesia for now. It'll be the next hot bed after USA, Brazil & India going through their learning curves.

I see more people wearing mask in the grocery stores in where I live now. Walmart even give away masks to their customers if they forget to bring their masks as they enter the store.

I guess I didn't word that well. The COUNTRY isn't requiring the test. The airline is.

This is the statement on Emirate's page: "If you are flying with Emirates from the countries or airports specified below, you must carry a negative PCR certificate issued by a local government approved laboratory to be accepted on the flight. If the UAE government has specified a designated laboratory in your country of origin, you must get your test certificate from that lab. Certificates must be issued no more than 96 hours before departure"

So, in my case, I'll have a test to enter Egypt since I'm coming from the USA (albeit an island with 8 cases). Then, in order to have a stopover of less than two hours in the Dubai airport, Emirates won't let me on their plane to leave Egypt without a Covid 19 test from a lab approved by the UAE government.

My point was to check the airline requirements heading BOTH directions, not just into Egypt.
Ah, but is this because you are flying via Dubai, so in essence it’s about the Dubai bit mainly...I know my friends in Dubai have said they are extra strict about everything...very good to know though, especially flying to Asia via Dubai...if you have a liveaboard booked and your flight is the day it docks, you will likely be up the creek....

I’m thinking I may schlep out to Red Sea next month instead of curacao..but I can fly direct from Toronto, so no issues on the return leg.....I hope....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom