Red Sea liveaboard fire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a deposit down on the Red Sea Aggressor I for next June. In light of events and the fact that the boat doesn't exist anymore, I have shot off an e-mail to Aggressor requesting a refund of my deposit.

There may be no issues here.....see this note from Aggressor sent to its agents:

Dear Agents,

Greetings from Aggressor Adventures. Unfortunately, yesterday the Red Sea Aggressor I suffered a fire. After everyone was accounted for at the muster station and the order to evacuate was given, one guest apparently decided to return to their room during the evacuation to retrieve something and is missing. All other guests are safe.

The yacht owners are working on a replacement vessel for all the next trips and will confirm as soon as we have the details. Please know that we are working around the clock to take care of your guests.

Regards,

Aggressor Adventures™

There may be no issues here.....see this note from Aggressor sent to its agents:

Dear Agents,

Greetings from Aggressor Adventures. Unfortunately, yesterday the Red Sea Aggressor I suffered a fire. After everyone was accounted for at the muster station and the order to evacuate was given, one guest apparently decided to return to their room during the evacuation to retrieve something and is missing. All other guests are safe.

The yacht owners are working on a replacement vessel for all the next trips and will confirm as soon as we have the details. Please know that we are working around the clock to take care of your guests.

Regards,

Aggressor Adventures™

Unfortunately, my wife was already on edge and on the fence after the Conception fire- A boat we have been on numerous times, including this year. This event has pushed her over the edge. Time to get deposit back and book a land based trip to replace it.

Unfortunately, my wife was already on edge and on the fence after the Conception fire- A boat we have been on numerous times, including this year. This event has pushed her over the edge. Time to get deposit back and book a land based trip to replace it.
Well, that is a different issue. It is not obvious that Aggressor Fleet will be compliant....if they can offer you a replacement boat, then they are fulfilling their end of the deal. Good luck.

Well, that is a different issue. It is not obvious that Aggressor Fleet will be compliant....if they can offer you a replacement boat, then they are fulfilling their end of the deal. Good luck.

Disagree with this, you should hopefully be able to get your money back as you were sold a different product/ experience to what you will now be receiving. If a hotel has an issue you are either booked into a different one or you can request a refund, it should be the same principle for liveaboards IMO.

Received this message today from Aggressor:

Hello Greg,
Thank you for your patience and understanding. I will cancel your reservation tomorrow and ask accounting to credit your credit card and then send you an updated invoice showing reservation has been cancelled and your card refunded.

Have a lovely rest of your day.
With my best regards,

Received this message today from Aggressor:

Hello Greg,
Thank you for your patience and understanding. I will cancel your reservation tomorrow and ask accounting to credit your credit card and then send you an updated invoice showing reservation has been cancelled and your card refunded.

Have a lovely rest of your day.
With my best regards,
Thank you. This is good to know. I have a full-boat charter in 2020 I'm thinking of cancelling.

Thank you. This is good to know. I have a full-boat charter in 2020 I'm thinking of cancelling.
I kind of communicated with them as if it wasn't an option. "since the boat we planned on doing this trip from doesn't exist..., please reimburse my deposit.... "

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom