Red Sea LOB, when to arrive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaHeid2288

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all,

Have been trying to plan my next trip and was leaning on the Philippines but the resorts I was considering filled up.

Now thinking about a LOB out of hurghada. If I book a trip that is from Jan 3 - Jan 10 (but the boat actually sails on Jan 4), can I schedule my flight to arrive at 4:00 AM on Jan 3? Is this cutting it too close?

Thanks!

If the boat only sails on the 4th and you arrive at 4AM of the 3rd that means you have more than 24 hours before the boat departs unless you mean arrival on 4AM of the 4th (night of the 3rd).

Im presuming that your scheduled meet up time is anywhere between 16-19 at the docks and you use that evening to get situated and acquainted with the boat (Most itineraries work like this in Sinai) , should that be the case there shouldn't be any problem if you run a couple of hours late.

Just make sure to arrive on time before they depart because they usually don't wait for people that haven't arrived in time.

Enjoy your trip! Egypt & the Red Sea is amazing

Thanks!
Yes the flight would arrive at 0400 on Jan 3. The itinerary says the trip starts at 16:00 on Jan 3. However, if you read the details it says the sail time is early the next morning. So that first night, you sleep on the boat while it's docked I presume?
Thanks again

Thanks!
Yes the flight would arrive at 0400 on Jan 3. The itinerary says the trip starts at 16:00 on Jan 3. However, if you read the details it says the sail time is early the next morning. So that first night, you sleep on the boat while it's docked I presume?
Thanks again

Yes, in 99% of the times ive been there the boat stays the first night at the dock and departs very early the following morning, usually around 05:30-06:00.

Hi all,

Have been trying to plan my next trip and was leaning on the Philippines but the resorts I was considering filled up.

Now thinking about a LOB out of hurghada. If I book a trip that is from Jan 3 - Jan 10 (but the boat actually sails on Jan 4), can I schedule my flight to arrive at 4:00 AM on Jan 3? Is this cutting it too close?

Thanks!

fwiw i did arrive on a turkish flight at 2am in the morning and made it to the boat but 4am would be cutting it close to me.

Was there in March last year and was very glad I had a dry suit. Rest of the boat was cold.

Thanks!
Thanks again

Just got back. Our boat was "officially" scheduled to depart on Sunday but received permission from port captain to depart early. We left around 4pm Saturday to get the checkout dive out of the way a few hours later. You might want to contact your boat but it may be the boat is not guaranteed to still be at port for you Sunday morning and come 16:00 on Saturday you are living on borrowed time if you're late.

If the flights go well and your baggage doesn't get lost, you are golden. Otherwise, your only hope is the boat is there for you to board Sunday morning. You can get a room for $50-100 if getting there a day early.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom