Redundant air supply

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Actually freedivers have gotten DCS , it’s called Taravana. This is one reason freedivers use modern Freediving watches to time a mini surface interval, recommended to be twice as long as the dive.
Breath-hold Diving:Taravana

I do think these were deep free dives however, the Polynesians were diving for hours collecting food. It’s not likely to happen with shallow snorkle dives. But with the addition of this gizmo, who knows?

You could, but that would constitute scuba diving. If you're comfortable clearing your ears, exhaling as you ascend, and staying within snorkeling+ depths, then no worries.

If you want to stay down longer though, why not get scuba certified? A couple hundred bucks will do it. Another $200 will get you a pony bottle setup.

I have a Spare Air system from 1983 … 35 years old.

What exactly is new about this product? Other than the irresponsible marketing.

Scorkl Update.....

I know it's wrong but I just can't stop watching this. I been in scuba manufacturing for a long time and I know what happens when a new product is a few months late for DEMA. If I was years late delivering product that was already paid for, shop owners and scuba divers across the country would arrange for me to disappear at the bottom of the Gulf of Mexico.

We have some awesome new comments from Scorkl investors.....

Toby Hopkins Allen writes:
"Dear David,
you are a terrible person, that is all today.
Thank you for continuing to be a **** bloke!
I hope your factory in China burns down.

Paul Hanna writes:
This guys a scammer. Can’t even be bothered to reply to the slating he’s getting after taking $1.3m.
Prick. Full refund please

Jeong Bum Jeon writes:
If i can get this final product in my next life, i want my money back. Now there is no answer for my question message. Is this fraud project???

But my favorite recent comment comes to us from BrendonR on May 28th:
I (we) have produced 2 human beings in the same time it’s taken to get this to market....really hope that the final product is one of solid unbeatable quality, as a buyer and as a supporter of the project, and I hope I have it in time for a Southern Hemisphere summer - missed out last year.

Back
Top Bottom