Reef Safe Biodegradable Dive Mask Defogger and Cleanser

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reef Safe - Richard

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Divers, try out the Reef Safe Mask Defogger and Cleanser. It's great! It comes in a 2 ounce spray bottle for $6 and an 8 ounce bottle for $24 and because you only need to use one short spray it's a real value. Spray it on the lens and rub it over the entire lens to completely coat the glass. DO NOT Rinse. It is pH balanced so it will not irritate your eyes. The Mask Defogger and cleanser, of course, biodegrades in oceans, lakes & rivers and is non-toxic to sea-life while helping to keep your mask clean and clear. It removes impurities, while helping extend the life of your mask and will not harm or scratch plastic lenses. Also, works great on swimming and ski goggles!
Safe Sunscreen Lotion | Safe Sunscreen, Suncare Lotion Reef Safe

Reef Safe Mask Defogger.png

Hmmmm. . . and it is better than baby shampoo because ?

It's made by divers for divers out of all non-toxic biodegradable ingredients- heck, even the packaging is biodegradable! Try it out and let us know what you think :)

It's made by divers for divers out of all non-toxic biodegradable ingredients- heck, even the packaging is biodegradable! Try it out and let us know what you think :)
You haven't convinced me that rinsing a mask that has a bit of baby shampoo at the surface is going to have a measurable impact on a reef. . .

Of course, if you wanted to go completely zero impact, spit is both free and biodegradable

It seems you have a solution looking for a problem. . .

Tried the reef safe sun screen. Worked well,was easy to wash off. Nice product no complaints.... would recommend.

As an active cave and technical diver and a CCR diver I'm accustomed to long dives. Mask fogging can be a problem. I was the diver who tested Reef Safe Mask Defogger in the water the first time a couple years ago. There is never any fogging, and no eye irritation. It's nice to have a defogger that works, doesn't leave vision distorting gel in your mask, and was formulated to FDA standards by a chemist who cares about our environment. Besides, just think about what's in saliva o_O

How much bacteria is in the human mouth?

OK, it works. It outperforms Sea Gold and it doesn't make my eyes water. It was pointed out to me that this is the only defog made to FDA standards. I was told a lot of things about it, but the bottom line is that it works without making feel like I'm looking through gel.

Back
Top Bottom