Reefmaster Mini

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I have just purchased a new Reefmaster Mini? Just got back from my first dive with it and had a problem. When I use it on land it works fine, while taking underwater pics, it will flash and the pic will show up on the lcd screen and then the camera will shut off and the picture will not be on the memory card. I took about 15 pictures and only 3 showed up on the camera. Any help anyone could give me would help.

What brand of Memory Card are you using? Some of them do not play well with this camera, I would switch out memory cards first. I've had a few customers with this issue and switching out the brand of memory card fixes the issue. I know it sounds funny but it has worked.

It sounds like the Sd card was not pushed in enough as it is storing pics on the internal memory. Before buying another card, open the battery compartment door and take the card out. Then with the door open, push the SD card in all the way, it should click into place. These sd slots are of hte type that you have to push down all the way to get it to release so if it is not doing that, the card was not in all the way. Give that a try and get back to me.

Joe

Sometimes this happens to mine when I use regular bad quality batteries (none rechargeable).

Peter, regular batteries will last only 5 minutes in digital cameras. We recommend the Energizer E2 lithium batteries for any camera that uses AA's

I was having the same issue, and was hoping someone could help. I was using regular batteries, doing 2 dives a day and by the end of the second dive it was doing the same thing where it would shut off whenever I clicked to take a picture. However, I was able to take video during this time.

I had taken dozens of pictures leading up to this time (ruling out an incorrectly installed disc), so I assumed it was a low battery issue. But then why would the video function work normally?

My other question would be regarding the disc, as AZ Desert Diver pointed out. I was using a SanDisc 2gb disc. The manual for my camera says in several places to use discs "up to 1gb". Could that actually be the problem?

Using a 2GB in the mini shouldn't be aproblem but if you are loading it up with Video and then shooting pictures and filling memory up fairly full, the camera may take a little more time saving the image.

I called Sealife and they assured my that is was a battery issue. They said always use the lithium batteries like the ones that came with the camera. I also asked them about using the 2 gig memory card and they said that the camera would work fine with this card. (They also wanted to know what brand card it was) I am using a 2 gig SanDisk card from Wal-Mart. Sealife told me that if changing the batteries did not help that I could send them the camera and they would either repair it or send me a new camera. It was a pleasure dealing with the technical guy at Sealife. He was very helpful. It is a credit to Sealife to have employees such as the one I dealt with. Thanks Sealife.

I had taken dozens of pictures leading up to this time (ruling out an incorrectly installed disc), so I assumed it was a low battery issue. But then why would the video function work normally?

Video takes less power. I know it doesn't seem logical, but it is true. If you don't have enough juice to take a picture, you can often still shoot a video.

This is common in most P&S cameras, not just Sealife.

Heed Joe's call to use Lithium batteries in all digital cameras.

I am glad to see this post. I too am having the same problem. I use energizer rechargable lithium batteries and a 1gb sandisk sd card. The first thing I check after letting the camera dry was the that the sd card was pushed in. It was (no images had been saved to the internal memory). The batteries were freshly charged and I also had formatted the card prior to the dive and do not use this card in any other camera.
For the sake of trying it above water I took a few shots of my kids and dogs and after the 3rd shot the camera was shutting off above water as well.

Out of 50-60 underwater images only 23 were saved........

Any other suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom