Reels and lift-bags for the not so savvy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you are going to move the object to the anchor I would put enough air in the bag to offset most of the weight but still be slightly negative and then swim the object to the anchor. It would probably be easier though to just move the anchor to the object. The thing you want to avoid in any type of lift is getting too much air into the bag and have it take off to the surface too fast for you to compensate. This is the most common mistake most people make and is usually caused by underestimating the amount of lift needed to break the suction on an object that is partially buried. The object in this example is also a little larger then your first example and may now be too big for you to lift into the kayak once you get it to the surface. For something like this you should also get a paddle float so you can rig your paddle as an outrigger making the kayak stable enough to lift objects into the kayak.

im a dreamer i like to. think and prepare like im gona find the prop or portholes or some cannon or wat ever but more than likely all ill everfind is bottles and lead sinkers hahaha

---------- Post added February 1st, 2014 at 08:56 AM ----------

do you have any experience with depth finders for kayaks?

im a dreamer i like to. think and prepare like im gona find the prop or portholes or some cannon or wat ever but more than likely all ill everfind is bottles and lead sinkers hahaha

---------- Post added February 1st, 2014 at 08:56 AM ----------

do you have any experience with depth finders for kayaks?

You could get something like this so if you do run across something too large to salvage from a kayak it can be marked so you can come back with a larger boat later. Pelican Float with 100' Line at LeisurePro I have never used a depth finder on a kayak before but you might want to look into using something like this that is small, light and made to be used in the water. Amron International Divers Scan Personal Portable Sounder AMR-DS-1

Lobster bag? Regular or North Carolina size?

Too bad those aren't real lobsters! (Anyone can catch a giant lobster that doesn't fight back...)

Steel3.bmp

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom