Referral on Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

firstdive2005

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi my wife is doing the SDI open water course in Edmonton. We will be going to Cozumel March for her referral certification. She will not cold water dive. Is there a SDI dive operator there. I can find an instructor there but does he need to be affiliated with a dive shop. Also I know of several instructors in the Playa del Carmen area but who is the real deal. Tons of Padi guys. thanks. kev

Heres some listings from this link on the SDI website.
SDI :: Divers :: Facility Search

Aldora Divers 011529878723397 Cozumel Aldora Divers of Cozumel SDI/TDI Resort Dive Center

Deep Exposure Dive Center 1-866-670-2736 Cozumel Cozumel Diving with Deep Exposure Dive Center Cozumel SDI/TDI Resort Dive Center

Del Mar Aquatics 987 2-59 49 Cozumel SDI/TDI Resort Dive Center

Dive House 52 987-872-1953 Cozumel DIVE HOUSE SDI/TDI Resort Dive Center

Scuba Club Cozumel Cozumel Cozumel Scuba Diving at Scuba Club Cozumel Dive Resort and Scuba Cozumel Dive Shop SDI/TDI Resort Dive Center

Costa Maya Dive Center (888) 951-8880 Cozumel Scuba Diving Cozumel Mexico | Dive Vacations | Dive Instructor | Dive Master, Coach | The Dive God Cozumel Mexico SDI Resort Dive Center

Cheers,
Scott

Thanks my friends own a dive shop on Coz, they say they can get an instructor to come and cert my wife. They are not a SDI/TDI shop, can I get her certified legitimately through them. Will she be able to get all her cards that way. thanks

The best place to check for current SDI facilities is on the SDI website as listed above. In addition Aqua World just came on board with SDI late last year.
With the SDI Global Referral Form an instructor affiliated with any recognized scuba certification agency can conduct her open water dives and sign the form. She will then return that form to her original SDI Instructor/Facility to issue her certification card.
Should you need additional direction please let me know.

Universal referral (covered above)

In any case, the referring instructor and the recieving instructor should be in communication regarding your wife's progress and final certification.

Best of luck and have a blast!

SDI Instructors must be affiliated with a dive center. Ask your friend who owns the shop if that instructor does have affiliation with a center and can get the certifications processed.
If your friends shop has a local SDI instructor available who needs shop affiliation, then he could contact SDI/TDI HQ about becoming a dive center. I'm not sure who the regional rep is for Cozumel but HQ would be able to advise. There are many dive centers that represent multiple training agencies and it would increase his potential customer base.
Cheers,
Scott

I checked all these sites they all do not have the SDI/TDI symbols nor do they say they will receive the referrals. thanks.

I found a form online that is a "global referral" from SDI. It looks like any active instructor with any agency can conduct the open water portion of the referral, and then send the info with the student back to the original instructor...

Are you using Aqua-tek in Edmonton?

Here's the link to the form, if you're interested: www.tdisdi.it/sdi/global/global_referral.pdf

I checked all these sites they all do not have the SDI/TDI symbols nor do they say they will receive the referrals. thanks.

I would contact them directly. Sometimes they won't advertise their affiliation with other agencies because it may affect their "5 star" status with their primary agency.

Cheers,
Scott

Hi,
Aquaworld is located in Cozumel and is now strongly affiliated with SDI. You can check the website which does mention the 5* SDI status. As our partnership with SDI has only just begun we are working now on updating the specific Cozumel page on the website but we have some great instructors who will be happy to take care of you.

Back
Top Bottom