Reg for pony bottle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubabear47

Registered
Reaction score
I need a reg for my pony bottle, I am trying to keep the cost low. I do most of my diving off the Jersey shore and up in lake George as deep as about 120ft. Any suggestions for regulators and where to get them.

As of my understanding you reg for the pony should be as good for your diving condition as the primary. One thing can help is to have the second stage detuned so it does not crank when you hit the water. Or just get a non balanced second stage. One option for your area I think can be sherwood brut , zeagle DS-V , 50D,

for sher wood you must have the second stage de tuned or make sure it does not crank as you have to have the reg pressurized all the time so water does not get into the dry bleed channel

leasure pro or scuba toys had good prices

Hope that helps

I got a sealed 1st stage and decent second - both Oceanic, for $150 from Leisure pro

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom