Reg Servicing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

in too deep

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Looking for options.
The local shop where I purchased has closed up.
Is Hog's site for dealers in Canada, Ontario, specifically Ottawa up to date?
Not sure if I need to go to an authorized dealer for service, or can I buy the repair kits and take my regs to a local shop for repair, assuming they would service them!!

Thanks.

I'm sure there must be a "Contact Us" link on their website. Perhaps the best solution would be to contact them directly. That way, you could get accurate and timely answers to your specific questions rather than us guessing at the answer.

So many models of regs out there - I cannot imagine any good shop not wanting your business and not service your Hog... Especially if you provide the service kit.

Any possibility of offering an online repair course?

Highly unlikely since there is no way to validate whether it was done properly without being there in person

So many models of regs out there - I cannot imagine any good shop not wanting your business and not service your Hog... Especially if you provide the service kit.

their insurance policy may not allow them to if they are not an authorized service center

There are a couple of HOG dealers in Ontario. I don't know about Ottawa though. There is one for sure in St Catharine's. Dan's Dive Shop is a HOG dealer. As to your question about buying the kits; yes you can buy the kits. Will your shop service them? That's up to them. The problem you'll run into if they are not a HOG dealer is they likely won't have the correct procedures and torque specs for them. Some will tell you that they are similar to Apeks, Dive Rite, etc. The fact is that all regs are similar in that they do the same thing.
They do not have the same assembly procedures and torque specs.
I'm a HOG reg tech instructor and have seen the results of someone using the wrong procedure more times than I care to.

Reg service is really very simple.

Scubatoys.com, Leisurepro.com, underwatersports.com, and many others will service all brands
at very reasonable prices.

Scuba Regulator Repair - Scuba Equipment Dive Gear Best Prices

Just one example.

Every two years or so, no big deal.

You will have your regulator(s) back quickly and properly serviced.

Reg service is not all that difficult. Very simple in fact.

If you can change the oil in your car, you can service your regulator.

I just like to send my regs to a good tech. Cheaper and faster.

They are back in 5-6 days. All is good.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom