Regional Sub-Forum for South Africa + Cape Town Divers Group

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

xyrandomyx

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
The Groups feature has passed on, taking our Cape Town Divers group along with it. Apparently a new regional sub-forum can be created if there are at least twelve interested members. There were only a handful of us in the Cape Town Divers group, so not enough to warrant a Cape Town forum. But there are a number of members elsewhere in South Africa (many of you lurking rather quietly), so there might be enough interest for a South African regional sub-forum.

It'd be a place to post South African diving news, announcements of upcoming events, links to articles, pictures and videos; and general discussion on all things related to diving in South Africa.

If you'd be interested in having the sub-forum created, please post a reply in this thread.

Last edited:
You know I'd be keen.

See you on the boat tomorrow.

Nowhere near cape town or any decent body of water, but count me in. Will consider following the examples of many animals in this land and do some great migrations to join any events planned.
:penguin:

OK, great. We're slowly inching towards the minimum number of interested members that we need -- 12. I'm going to PM some of the lurkers and infrequent posters over the weekend to see if any of them would be interested.

---------- Post added September 27th, 2013 at 04:53 PM ----------

Nowhere near cape town or any decent body of water, but count me in. Will consider following the examples of many animals in this land and do some great migrations to join any events planned.
:penguin:

It could be worse. Mozambique, Sodwana Bay and Aliwal Shoal aren't that far away. Although, honestly, I'm not sure I'd survive living in a landlocked city.

I would be keen as well. Have not done any diving in cape town but a regular visitor to aliwal shoal and sodwana. Count me in.

Pieter Greeff

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 2

I would be keen as well. Have not done any diving in cape town but a regular visitor to aliwal shoal and sodwana. Count me in.

Pieter Greeff

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 2

I did a few dives at Aliwal Shoal last year, loved it. I have my first trip to Sodwana Bay planned for early January next year, very excited. Cape Town's great if you can handle a bit of cold.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom