Regulator configuration suitable for single tank AND sidemount?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have dedicated SM regs, but sometimes I strip down backmount regs as SM loaners for other people. It's not a hard job... just need a spanner and hex. It's worth having dedicated HP/SPG for each though.

If you have an AI transmitter on your right post and dive a redundant bladder, you don't have to do any switching at all to go between backmount doubles, sidemount, or single backmount. The only extra piece you need is a din manifold for when you do single backmount. The manifold receives the two din first stages.

Sidemount is not super elegant as you have to bungee your left side / post spg and right side /post inflator hose, but a lot better if you don't want to have to keep reconfiguring things.

I switched back and forth between backmount single boat dives in the morning and sidemount double shore dives in the afternoons this way on a recent trip and it worked ok. All I had to do was unscrew the first stages from the manifold and attach them directly to each of the tanks. I couldn't do backmount doubles at all because of the logistics involved, but could have if they had been readily available.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom