Regulator holding fixture.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Couv

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Say hello to my new toy.

I had a friend cut a piece of scrap U channel aluminium so I could make a regulator holding fixture. After a bit of time smoothing the sharp edges, drilling and countersinking holes for mounting to my work bench-add a few strips of sticky back fuzzy Velcro and voila! No more need for screwing in a regulator holding tool and chucking it up in a vice. What a time saver.
IMG_0001.JPG
IMG_0003.JPG
IMG_0004.JPG
IMG_0006.JPG
IMG_0005.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0002.JPG
    IMG_0002.JPG
    106.6 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Wow. You attacked it from the other end!

I damaged a spanner hole in my workhorse MK15 using the usual tool, It twisted in my hand and the pin slid out of the hole. So happy that it wasn't any of my cherry MK15's. The pin in the spanner is a problem. Too long. The spanner should fit exactly around the body while the pin goes all the way to the bottom of the hole. Why is that pin rounded??? I ground mine square and exactly to depth. You use a different spanner, reason?

So if we could combine the two approaches, we would have the perfect rig?

Next in line, the perfect split ring tool for MK15's. All suggestions welcome...
Tool.JPG

Say hello to my new toy.

I had a friend cut a piece of scrap U channel aluminium so I could make a regulator holding fixture. After a bit of time smoothing the sharp edges, drilling and countersinking holes for mounting to my work bench-add a few strips of sticky back fuzzy Velcro and voila! No more need for screwing in a regulator holding tool and chucking it up in a vice. What a time saver.
View attachment 415555View attachment 415557View attachment 415558View attachment 415560 View attachment 415559
like you profile pic - very appropiate

You use a different spanner, reason?

I have the SP multi tool and use it too; which ever tool is handy at the time gets used. There is a new tool available somewhere that looks superior to either. It has two handles and is hinged like a nutcracker but the middle has a round opening that goes over the regulator body cap. It has a pin that fits into the regulator pin holes. I saw it in a video, but have yet to find one on the market.

Sounds like a good project for you.....I volunteer to be the tester. :)

I think I'm going to make a version like this, using a piece of wood, two pieces of angle iron, and some felt to protect the first stage. I'll post when I'm done, as I already have the parts.

Couv, you might want to consider putting 2, maybe 3 straps across the top. I can see it springing out if you attempt to break apart a really tight reg.

Fancy! Good job sir.

:) You guys realize this thread is a few years old? I've used this puppy for a lot of regulators and it works great. @herman The channel is deep enough where a slip-out is very unlikely. In fact for a couple of models, I have to place a spacer under the regulator to get the cap high enough to use the hook spanners. (Yes, I'm using proper hook spanners now.)

Speaking of hook spanners, some of you may find this thread useful:
Upgrading the Scuba Pro Multi-Tool

@wetb4igetinthewater I'm looking forward to seeing your regulator box.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom