Regulator model identification

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fxdx99rider

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a Genesis regulator and want to know how to find out what model. It says GENESIS on the front of the 2nd stage and has 3 wavy lines, the serial # is:I3559454.
1st stage #98 03 00102 B and octo # I1391665. Has a gage package with presure, compass & depth. Thanks for your help if you can. Plus any idea of it's value? I want to sell it because I dive cold water and I don't believe from what I've read that this unit is suitable for cold. It was purchased along with items I wanted and the seller didn't want to sell piece by piece.

If you don't know what model it is how did you manage to read that it is or is not suitable for coldwater?

Post a picture so that we can figure out what it is first.

Okay here goes, hope these pics come through.
Thanks,
Mike

Attachments

• genesis 1.jpg
    genesis 1.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 124
  • genesis 2.jpg
    genesis 2.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 109
  • genesis 3.jpg
    genesis 3.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 126
  • genesis4.jpg
    genesis4.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 131
Just a guess. I wouldn't dive with it unless I knew for sure. Won't be diving with it regardless. Eventually I'll be more equipment savy. Thanks for your reply.
Mike

Based on the pictures, I have the same two models, although the LDS referred to one part as an R2000? Was told during annual service last month that parts for these are no longer available and I'll need to replace them both the next time service is due? Is this true or are they giving me a hard sell?

No they are telling you the truth. We are no longer building parts for these regulators. We do have some of the parts still in stock, but the factory is no longer producing them.

Back
Top Bottom