Regulator Name Change

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cerich

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Regulator Name Change-
Some of our fans here on Scubaboard have pointed out that the name "Aageon" isn't the greatest, upon reflection...I agree.
Henceforth it is the Deep 6 Signature Regulator. That will help to differentiate from the DGX reg by Deep 6

To me, "signature" kind of implies the best/greatest of your models. Do you plan to release any other models? If no, I guess the rest of my post is moot. If yes, are they going to be "less good" models? What would you call them to keep people from thinking they are inferior?

As far as the name "Aageon" goes, you used to call it "series A" or some such. If you called your next reg a "B" name and after that, "C", then at least you'd have a system that people could understand, even if they didn't like the name.

Also, who gives a crap what people think about the name? Your reg, call it what you want. I don't buy a reg because it sounds cool. I buy it because it performs.

Last edited:
To me, "signature" kind of implies the best/greatest of your models. Do you plan to release any other models? If no, I guess the rest of my post is moot. If yes, are they going to be "less good" models? What would you call them to keep people from thinking they are inferior?

As far as the name "Aageon" goes, you used to call it "series A" or some such. If you called your next reg a "B" name and after that, "C", then at least you'd have a system that people could understand, even if they didn't like the name.

Also, who gives a crap what people think about the name? Your reg, call it what you want. I don't buy a reg because it sounds cool. I buy it because it performs.
It really wasn't a good name. He should care because it was bad. :D

You'll find my opinion in this thread. We can certainly all have our own opinions. New Deep 6 DGX reg at Dive Gear Express

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom