Regulator Scam

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubapro50

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
An offer posted here on ScubaBoard is not what it seems .... DiveLeisure-offer.com ( also listed under Oceanic.Leisure-offer.com) states that if you complete a simple survey then you will receive a free Oceanic Delta 4 Regulator ... NOT TRUE ... what they don't tell you is after you complete the survey you are REQUIRED TO PURCHASE products or services from a list using you credit card or credit information ...... just completing the survey will not get you the free regulator ...................

thanks for letting me know... i saw another post that really didnt make any sense.. said survey for free reg not free or something like that and i didnt see the add.. so that clears that up :)

As a general rule when someone says "complete this survey and get a free [insert name of multi-hundred dollar item]" just roll your eyes and keep walking.

-Ben M.

airsix:
As a general rule when someone says "complete this survey and get a free [insert name of multi-hundred dollar item]" just roll your eyes and keep walking.

-Ben M.

Hehe, doesn't mean every once in awhile I can't help filling them out just to see out of curiousity what else I'd have to do to get the free thing. Just don't be dumb enough to give them you're real email address. :)

Austin

its the zimbabwe regulator company and the prince wants to give you one free you just need to send him a cheque to help get the transfer running

Torgo:
its the zimbabwe regulator company and the prince wants to give you one free you just need to send him a cheque to help get the transfer running
You know him too!!!

Hopefully the Prince didn't have anything to do with the death of my Relative that no one else in my family knows about...

Yes sir... I'll be ROLLING in money soon, now for that free regulator.

think it's the same distant relative. your my long lost cousin?
Quite funny i acutually received a letter fom one yesterday its on the wal at work and we all laugh.

justleesa:
do you have a link to the thread for me?

This ad is running in a side bar on a lot of sites.
If you Google
"free oceanic" regulator
you will get quite a few hits with

Free Oceanic Regulator Improved Performance And New Features. Simply Complete Survey. oceanic.leisure-offer.com/ · Scuba Diving Equipment

as the result

Another reason to stay away from this scam, is that they get a bead on your computer, and spam the hell out of you! Not to mention the possibility of stealing your credit card numbers! This must be the latest bag the moron scam out. I see them everywhere, one was posted here on the board a short while ago and was pulled after only one responce,,mine, it sounded like bull to me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom