Regulators - Looking for suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Second choice: Scubapro MK17/C370 (not sure if this combination is available in the US).

In the US they sell it with the MK11 for $500.

Any particular reason you'd recommend the C370 over a G260?

Primarily cost. In my experience, beginner to intermediate recreational diver who isn't diving in very cold water will do just fine with the C370 in terms of performance and cost. If money isn't an issue, I'd go with the G260 but it is substantially more money IIRC.

In the US they sell it with the MK11 for $500.

In my "checking around" in my region, a lot of dive centers (a diver center here means a dive school), use the MK11/C370 and are very happy with it. It sells for around $330 or so.

The MK17/G260 is $655 MAP

In our region, the MK17/G260 MRSP is around $580. It appears that SP products are much less expensive in Europe than in the US.

In our region, the MK17/G260 MRSP is around $580. It appears that SP products are much less expensive in Europe than in the US.

The funny part of it is that Europe has a value-added tax while the U.S. doesn't. If anything dive gear should be more expensive in Europe than in the U.S. When people were beating up Chris over the cheapness of HOG gear when introduced, you could buy Apeks from the Scubastore in Spain for the same price or less. Those were the good old days.

If interested call them up and talk to them. It may not be available online but could be available in store.
I have a deep 6 set. So not interested. But true the OP may need to call ships

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom