Reloading my pic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divebomb

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey, I noticed my pic was gone, so I decided to re-upload it. No matter how small I make it, I get a message saying it's too large. Any ideas?

Wonderful new look. Thanks for your efforts!

The new picture format calls for much smaller photos than the old board used. Currently the limitations are 100x100 pixels and a file size under 10000kb

Tech Admin:
The new picture format calls for much smaller photos than the old board used. Currently the limitations are 100x100 pixels and a file size under 10000kb

Yep, I got it down to that size, but it doesn't show up at all. I'll just wait and see how things shake out.

Thanks, Beck

I vote for at least 250x250 and 40k. That seems reasonable. Remember that if you use jpg or gif, etc you can get a much better larger pic than using bmp format. Mine looks as good as can be expected at 97x100 and it is only 6k.

The dialogue also says custom avatar. Could the 2 options be getting crossed over somehow? I think it's about right for an avatar pic, but that a profile pic should have a larger size allotment.

Wow! A lot to get used to.

I have to agree that 100x100 pixels is too small for a profile picture.

adder70:
I vote for at least 250x250 and 40k. That seems reasonable. Remember that if you use jpg or gif, etc you can get a much better larger pic than using bmp format. Mine looks as good as can be expected at 97x100 and it is only 6k.

The dialogue also says custom avatar. Could the 2 options be getting crossed over somehow? I think it's about right for an avatar pic, but that a profile pic should have a larger size allotment.

250x250 and 40kb it is! Enjoy reformatting your photos again :wink:

Tech Admin:
250x250 and 40kb it is! Enjoy reformatting your photos again :wink:
Is that set up already? I've got my image down to those dimensions and size but it still rejects my upload (it still says that the maximum is 100 x 100).

When uploading a new profile pic it says Avatar in the box.. and it only lets me upload a bic that is 50X50... what is that all about...

also I can't do a custom avatar?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom