Relocating to the Great State of Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

edwants2dive

Glowstick
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Well it looks like it is finally a reality. House in Illinois is sold and closes in 17 days hooray. Then it is on the road to Port Charlotte should be in the area by the 13th. So I would like some info on diving in the area where is good and who is good to go out with. Also I am hoping to get over and dive BHB ASAP I have wanted to do that for a long time. Can't wait to live in the land of year around diving.

I just got an email notice at work, Florida is full. Sorry.

:rofl3:

I just got an email notice at work, Florida is full. Sorry.

:rofl3:

Full of what?

I didn't get that email and don't think it applies to me since I was born and raised there and have had my return spot reserved for sometime now.:yeahbaby:
Sea level rise, were going to be underwater soon.

Its a horrible place to live.

Ohh you're moving to the west coast. Nevermind. Enjoy yourself. :rofl3:

I didn't get that email and don't think it applies to me since I was born and raised there and have had my return spot reserved for sometime now.:yeahbaby:

Same here. I have that waiver ready to go when the time comes.:popcorn:

Welcome to Florida.

You're close to Venice where there's some awesome shore diving for fossil sharks teeth. To the East is some awesome Gulf Stream diving, to the South there's the Keys and of course, Cave Country is due North. What kind of diving do you want to do will determine where you go.

IMG_1368.JPG

Can't wait to live in the land of year around diving.

Congratulations!

My business partner is doing the very same thing by December -- primarily to escape the death-by-a-thousand-cuts 7.25 -12.3 % impact of the California Franchise Tax Board, for Jupiter, Florida, with no state income tax; warm water diving; roads with, miraculously, fewer potholes; gas below 4.00; and fewer piles of needles and excrement than that of The People's Republic of California.

I may be following suit in short order -- that sharps container, from my home town, is larger than a commercial mailbox; nonetheless, we recovered hundreds (417?) of syringes from the local river mouth, last clean-up -- and the skells are everywhere . . .

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom