remembering doublehose diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ebj, I assume you know of the other vintage forum, if not ask and we will guide you to it.
I also imagine you know what a banjo fitting is but if you do not it is a device that allows the use of a SPG with a double hose regulator. Up until know scarcer than a complete T-Rex fossil skeleton but now about to be available again. Also, another regular on the other board has adapters that allow the use of a safe second on your DA. JFYI.
I agree with you completely, your words describe my feelings exactly. The double hose diving is so minimalistic, so free and unencumbered.

Hey, don't get all freaked out DIR guys, just teasing ya, I got lot's of ideas from you fellers and good ones too so I want to keep y'all around, thanks for helping me out on many questions I have asked, but your little scissors got to go. LOL.
N

Nemrod,
Standard 'DIR-ware' is a small knife, waist-mounted on the harness - not scissors that I am aware of...

If your interested - go to Global Underwater Explorers and look at the 'Gear Configurations.'

Scoobie, yeah, I know, that is why I said I was teasing them--lol. Nothing serious at all. This is like sitting around a camp fire fooling with each other. Hey. yes, some of the DIR fellows gave me those web sites and they are very useful. I have used many of their ideas in my latest dive rig and appreciate the thought that goes into DIR and HOG. While I am neither, I do take the thoughts of experienced and accomplished divers into account and include/adapt their methodolgy to my own. I think what I like about DIR is the no BS approach to everything they do.
Of course, like I said, those tiny little knives got to go, heck, what self respecting Frogman would enter the netherworld so without a "proper" weapon. Remember Croc Dundee when he was confronted with the mugger who drew a small pocket knife on him. Dundee pulled his Croc Killer Bowie and cut his jacket up--saying now--"that is not a knife, this is a knife"! I always sorta liked that scene. LOL. N

Well, I have a DIR rig and I also have a Aqua Lung / US Divers Dive Knife for my vintage double hose rig!

Nemrod,
Know anyone rebuilding the older J-Valves? I have a Dacor clone with an HP SPG Port I'd like rebuilt. My 2 LDS say they don't 'get into' these any longer.

??

Started diving in 1956 with two hose regulator and Bell Aqua dry suit, Duck fins and "j" valve tank. I stll have a US Divers regulator. (I think it's a DA Aquamaster.)

I'm still diving.

ScoobieDooo:
Nemrod,
Know anyone rebuilding the older J-Valves? I have a Dacor clone with an HP SPG Port I'd like rebuilt. My 2 LDS say they don't 'get into' these any longer.

??

Can't speak to Dacor, But I believe that Marvel still has parts for US Divers/Aqualung J Valves.

Hi,
Thanks, but Marvel won't sell to the 'general public.'
However, I did locate a new Dacor Valve Kit.

Back
Top Bottom