Remote Exhaust

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Their is only one dump at the rear bottom Center on the wing. The issue is not the inflator, it’s that I can’t reach the dump. So I thought that by adding a dump on the inflator elbow, I could dump air from the front of my chest.
not without turning yourself halfway upside down.

The sms75 (and others) has a dump at the top right behind your neck which leads to a cord/ball pull on the left shoulder area. In theory you could run a long tube with cord from the butt dump on the classic to your shoulder. But you might want to look into a different BC

Thanx. That’s my next stop, I was hoping for some first hand knowledge if it exists.
I have a DSS OPV on my Stealth Classic, so they do use the standard threads. The DGX elbow should work.

I put a DGX dump on the unused port on my xdeep stealth wing so I suppose their dump assembly would work might give them a call/email to confirm

not without turning yourself halfway upside down.

The sms75 (and others) has a dump at the top right behind your neck which leads to a cord/ball pull on the left shoulder area. In theory you could run a long tube with cord from the butt dump on the classic to your shoulder. But you might want to look into a different BC

Yeah I was thinking that I would have to rotate a bit to get my left side up to fully dump.

I use such type of inflator assembly.
h-1770.jpg

It has dump valve near connection of thick tube to the bladder.
You can use it safely, because this type of dump valve has additional mushroom-type valve before controlled valve.

I had some attempts to drop air from the bladder by this dump valve...
You have to turn your left side in to the upper point, and than pull the inflator tube.
I can tell just one thing - it works. Nothing else.
But later I nevre use it :)
Some reasons...
Firts - using inflator controlls it is much more easy to do it.
Second - from my students-in-diving times I got "good" manner - nevre use drain valve on the inflator, because it can have broken pooling wire, and you can rupture the ribbed tube. If you may NOT to do it - do not do it :)

But as normal (and more universal) inflator assembly - you can use it, why not. It is good. And there is NOT additional failure point, because exaust valve is doubled, and as standard plastic corner, as dump valve corner - it use same plastic!
But in case, when you could be jammed in the narrow hole, one more additional way to have ability to drain the air - could be usefull. Just as a spare way :)

About compartibility - I do not know. It is standard "chineese" plastic.
I know it is not compatible with TUSA and with Scubapro.
But it is compartible with such types of connectors:
h-655.jpg

seems weird they dont have a blanked port on the 2.0 classic for adding another opv like the 2.0 rec and tec.

Yeah another port would be great for sure.

I may just go and get the tec wing for DS and keep the classic for my wet.

most bcs have them my zeagles do , it does put more strain on the fitting as it was designed as an emergency dump.....it could work for you but using all the time it most probably fail at some point

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom