Removing items from the USS Oriskany (interesting dilemma)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aquamaniac:
Oh great....so now SE-TD is going to be inundated with 2 thousand morons waving "save the Big O" banners, and burning effigies of Rich Sleppy.

In all fairness the post in question was posted in one of the opening posts of this thread and nobody has ventured there yet. I merely invited the guy to join us here should he so choose.

scuba_james:
Diver Dennis,
If you, mike s and the rest of the folks on this list want to hear from Mr. Sleppy then why don't you confront him on a list that he subscribes to, such as the list his original post was taken from, instead of attacking him behind his back like a bunch of cowards. I don't agree with taking from an artificial reef, what's the point??? But I certainly don't agree with what the vultures on this list are doing. What a pathetic show of cowardness you people display. Hell, most of you post all day every day, indicating that you put very little time into actually diving. Of course, if it were not for you people cyber diving your lives away, the waters would be too crowded for those of us that do actually dive. Pathetic indeed!

Just my 2 cents! :)
scuba james.

Very interesting that you quote my post which included the line about Mr. Sleppy not being aware of any possible illegalities taken items from the wreck. As far as the diving, I have over 400 dives since April 2005, checking the new computer I bought that month.

I have always referred to the person in question as Mr. Sleepy, not knowing him. As has been posted, Mr. Sleppy was contacted and asked to respond, which he did not. I know Mr. Sleppy has also seen this thread. Perhaps you should check your facts before ranting.

Cowardice? I would say that not filling out your profile is a perfect example.

CBulla:
In all fairness the post in question was posted in one of the opening posts of this thread and nobody has ventured there yet. I merely invited the guy to join us here should he so choose.
It's irrelevent Colin ... these guys have made clear what they think ScubaBoard. We're cowards if we don't post on their forum, and morons if we do.

I don't think I could handle that much mature conversation ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Recently, I've traded a few emails with Mr. Sleppy. The Oriskany has been restored as the items have been placed back, and really, to me, that was the only issue. I harbor no ill will toward Mr. Sleppy, I was just disapponted to hear the ship had been tampered with.

Hopefully, we can all find a bit of forgivness for someone who made a mistake, corrected it, and is ready to move on.

PerroneFord:
Recently, I've traded a few emails with Mr. Sleppy. The Oriskany has been restored as the items have been placed back, and really, to me, that was the only issue. I harbor no ill will toward Mr. Sleppy, I was just disapponted to hear the ship had been tampered with.

Hopefully, we can all find a bit of forgivness for someone who made a mistake, corrected it, and is ready to move on.

That is good to hear. Hopefully the State of Florida will see it that way also.

We all make mistakes and hopefully we all learn from those mistakes and move forward.

Thanks for the good information PerroneFord.

The ship has been restored and THAT is wonderful.

I have also received e-mail from Mr Sleppy that was not only apologetic but trying to do things right by Capt Tim. I was IMPRESSED!!! Kudos to both of these gentlemen for doing what is right. Hopefully, I will get to dive with them one day!

It's a bit of a pity that this was not shared earlier, so we all could have seen that an effort was made to do the right thing by both these gentlemen vs all the negative that was much of the focus on this thread.
Anyway, I'm happy about this out come and now I will have to make a trip there just to see this panel and with Capt. Tim.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom