Removing regulator hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Frog

Reaction score
Hi there.

I would like to know if there are any special considerations when removing my second stage from its hose at the second stage end. I know someone mentioned that i should look to make sure i am not trapping the o ring within the swivel nut. I hope someone can help, Cheeers

Hey, where are all those bubbles coming from? :)

Seriously, Frog, make sure you hold the nut on the second stage steady with one wrench while you unscrew the hose with another. Otherwise you may (depending on the stage) unscrew the orifice housing and mess up the adjustment or damage the seat. So look carefully, there's a nut next to the second stage and another nut on the hose end. The 0-ring is inside the hose end. Look at it and replace it if necessary. It is NOT the same size as the first stage end of the hose, it's smaller. Easy to get at a dive shop. And don't over tighten when replacing the hose, these are all brass fittings.

Neil

I wondered if you had to keep the second stage nut steady as to not move it. However the head Apeks technician e-mailed me today and said that it wasnt necassery to prevent the second stage nut from moving on an Apeks reg,when removing the hose. This is what they said

"As long as you hold the two ends straight when it goes back together there shouldn't be a problem you do not have to worry about keeping the nut still to remove the hose".

Frog,
Of course he's correct. As I said it depends on the stage.
On the Apex the orifice is threaded into the valve body, not the hose connector, so no danger of scoring the seat if you turn it.
Neil

Back
Top Bottom