Renown diver dead at Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat - France

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Colonoscopy Advocate
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
Un plongeur trouve la mort au large de Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat
Google translation...
A man in his fifties succumbed to a diving accident on Sunday afternoon at the tip of Cap Ferrat.

The drama was formed in the middle of the afternoon. This tourist on vacation on the French Riviera practiced scuba diving off Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat with a friend from Nice. It was the latter who gave the alert.

According to his testimony, his host was a victim of a syncope during this descent with bottles.

The gendarmes of the nautical brigades of Antibes and Issambres were engaged to recover the body of the unfortunate, located by 17 meters of depth. Firefighters are also mobilized.

The gendarmerie brigade of Beaulieu-sur-mer is responsible for establishing the circumstances of the tragedy.

This other article names him at "Jacky Degremont, renowned personality of the world of diving"
See: Jacky Degremont, hommage à un explorateur disparu | Plongée Infos

Sad news, it said it was a syncope, any diving physician that can explain here how they were able to conclude this ?

This guy have thousands of dives, why now a lack of blood flow to the brain in very shallow waters ?

I hope that they test his air bottle.

SeaRat

So sad. I dived with him at his dive center in Rodrigues (an out island of Mauritius) and met his family at his home. Absolutely a character and a passionate diver. I hope his dear wife and daughter are doing ok after this tragic loss.

Sad news, it said it was a syncope, any diving physician that can explain here how they were able to conclude this ?

This guy have thousands of dives, why now a lack of blood flow to the brain in very shallow waters ?

Hi Remy, fair question. For the record, I'm not a physician myself, but I don't know that I'd take "syncope" literally in a news story that was probably written by a non-diver with little or no medical training and then translated by Google. I would interpret it more as sudden loss of consciousness.

Best regards,
DDM

The second link says that he just learned how to use a rebreather and just got his own. Maybe this is linked to the accident ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom