Rental Truck Vandalized

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Leaving a part finished bottle of rum laced with a powerful laxative in the truck could possibly be a way of punishing the crime.:D

But then again, a bottle of Cadushy rum is probably worth more than most of the rental trucks on Bonaire.

Leaving a part finished bottle of rum laced with a powerful laxative in the truck could possibly be a way of punishing the crime.:D

Or it could be a way to get a free trip to Curacao.

I've said it before(& irritated some here) but I'll say it again, it's overrated.....Not trying to knock the place, but I'm calling a spade a spade----IMO...

EDIT.:...I'm duckin' right now, so FIRE AWAY......:)
Oh, go away already! We know you hate Bonaire. Now; Shoo, troll.

---------- Post added April 15th, 2014 at 09:02 PM ----------

I think I may try this....

Sigh. Well, I got 53 responses to my truck vandalization report with most condeming it and a few actually condoning this crime. This just proves that people can justify any point of view they can dream up. I certainly do not expect anything to be done about it in the future with a government that can not even be bothered with cleaning up truck window broken glass from 8 years ago. Too bad so sad.
A bait truck with video camera could solve this 20? yr old problem in 1 month.
Guess it is time to go back to Coz for our Carib diving......Little Cayman......or just about anywhere else down there where we have not been subjected to criminal activity where the criminals have actually carved out a nitch in the economy funded by our insurance dollars.........did the criminals provide the bumper stickers on the trucks to keep everything unlocked???????

Cozumel is wonderful. Just don't leave a rental car unattended in a remote part of the island.

I've never heard of that being much of a problem there.

Of course I'm playing Devil's Advocate here (and probably in danger of being accused of "condoning" vandalism on Bonaire). But maybe it's not much of a problem in Cozumel because there are not tourists routinely leaving what are clearly rental cars unattended in certain remote places? I don't know. I do know that rental vehicles are not used in Cozumel the way they are in Bonaire.

Or, one could listen to the sage advice of those who live on the island to leave nothing in the truck, add the insurance, and shore dive the hell out of Bonaire, instead of getting their panties all wadded up into their butt cracks worrying, preaching and lamenting about what may or may not happen.

If you don't want to go to Bonaire, no big deal. Don't go. There are plenty of other divers who will take your place.

Is there crime there? Certainly, although it is far from rampant, and the island is not known for the same types of violent crimes that many poor Caribbean islands are.

Is there an long history of this sort of vandalism/petty theft on the island? Again, unfortunately the answer is also yes.

Will that stop us from enjoying a week of laid back 3-4-5 dives a day of great shore diving again in just a few more weeks, for our maybe 8th-9th-10th (I've lost track by now) time?
No, it will not, but I will be alert.

I will heed the advice. I will enjoy the diving. I will do my best to not make myself a target, but I will not be overly worried.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom