• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Repairing a latex wrist cuff

Discussion in 'General Scuba Equipment Discussions' started by diverscubapro, Sep 7, 2012.

1. diverscubapro

diverscubapro Angel Fish

# of Dives: I just don't log dives
    Does anybody can help me about latex cuff repairing ? I am a happy usr of a Scubapro Spitzbergen watertight suit ( excuse me if i don't use the correct slang but i'm not from USA) and i used for a lot of dives last August diving in Tremiti Island, Adriatic sea, Italy. Unfortunately a wrist cuff completely broke, in the axis of the arm. I close it as i can do and try to repair with a piece of air chamber, but the glue doesn't stick well so every evening I had to redo the repair. Sure i use the correct glue but...some tips about ? I can't wait for long time for exchange the cuff, i dive every WE, until the winter come ! Giorgio

2. flots am

flots am Solo Diver

# of Dives: I just don't log dives
    If it's a normal drysuit wrist seal, you can clean the old seal, cut off the extra, and glue a new wrist seal over it.

There are a lot of videos on youtube. Google "drysuit wrist seal replacement".

There is nothing you can do to fix the old seal. It needs to be replaced.

flots

3. mathauck0814

mathauck0814 Assistant Instructor

Use a heat gun to remove the old seal, buy a new one and attach it with the right glue (it's hard to say for sure because I don't know what the suit you have is made from). For my suit that's neoprene cement under the seal and then aquaseal around the seam after its dried.

4. Doc Harry

Doc Harry Solo Diver

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    I use Aquaseal glue to replace Latex gaskets. Mix the Aquaseal with a bit of Cotol to greatly accelerate the drying process.