Repairing / replacing inflation assembly for Seaquest Pro QD+

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JDelage

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
All - I have a Seaquest Pro QD+ BCD (tag says "made by Aqualung"). Recently, I stupidly damaged the fast inflation button part at the end of the powerline and now the BCD leaks when I'm surface swimming on my back (so when the air pools in front of shoulders). The air is pushed from the BCD through the inflation assembly and leaks from around the button. The BCD still inflates and deflates fine, but obviously I want to take care of that problem.

My question is: can I replace the Seaquest powerline with an Aqualung powerline like this:
Powerline Inflator - Aqua Lung US - Personal Aquatic Equipment for Recreational and Professional Use

Seaquest doesn't seem to exist anymore but since Aqualung was the manufacturer, maybe this is compatible?

Are you wanting to replace the entire assembly, or just the power inflator part where the hose hooks in?

Dive Gear Express has some options. If you are going the entire assembly route, Not all have the same threads. My Hog wing required fine threads, my Dive Rite wing required course threads (or vice versa...don't remember). In a bind, I pulled the inflator assembly off another BC and put it on my Dive Rite wing. Some will switch....some won't.

BCD Parts and Components | Dive Gear Express®

good Luck!
Jay

I like the DGE stuff but the detail pages say they are not compatible.

i have older seaquest bcd as well and recently i just changed out the oral inflator only with aftermarket one just like in DGE.. if you would like to replace whole assy including hose and elbow flange you have to look for aqualung dealer

Remove the power inflator and measure its diameter. DGX power inflator only fit 1" hose.
There is no need to change the whole set if it fits.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom