Replace Icaro wing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tbar

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi

I have a Seac Sub Icaro Tech. I think this has a 25Kg (55lb) lift.

I am keen to get a smaller wing, but like my current back plate and harness.

I see Seac Sub have two smaller wing options

1) the new Icaro 2000, with what appears to be an 18KG (35lb) lift.
2) the 'old' Icaro, with what appears to be an 16KG lift.

Do you know if the wings can be purchased separately? From the images I have seen all the Icaro's share the same Back Plate.

Thanks

Hello Tbar, you are right abou the lift for the Icaro BC Lift.
I have a question, about the reason to change the wing, it is because you feel the lift is inadequate for your diving or there is another reason why you are looking to change it?
Hope I can be of help based on your answer.
Thanks for considering Seac!

Best Regards
Ricardo Pedraza Guido
Sales Rep. for Latin America and the Caribbean

Hi

I have a Seac Sub Icaro Tech. I think this has a 25Kg (55lb) lift.

I am keen to get a smaller wing, but like my current back plate and harness.

I see Seac Sub have two smaller wing options

1) the new Icaro 2000, with what appears to be an 18KG (35lb) lift.
2) the 'old' Icaro, with what appears to be an 16KG lift.

Do you know if the wings can be purchased separately? From the images I have seen all the Icaro's share the same Back Plate.

Thanks

Hi Ricardo

Thanks for support.

I find that I do not need the lift provided by the Icaro Tech, I dive temperate waters and use a single tank. Hence, I would like a less bulky set-up and the Icaro 2000 or 'old' Icaro' wings seem to be smaller.

So the thought crossed my mind that getting the smaller wing and using the existing Back Plate and Harness would give me flexibility.

Thanks

Trevor B

Ok let me check if it is possible to change the wing in your Icaro tech, where are you located? Did you buy your Icaro at a local dive center? Have a good day!

---------- Post added February 15th, 2014 at 09:34 PM ----------

Trevor I just checked and spares for the Icaro 2000 will be available in two months as the production just started a few months. So in a little over two months you will be able to ask for a spare and change it at your BC
Hope I could be more helpful but any question you have here we are to help !
Have s great weekend !

I am in Australia. I have tried the local supplier and as yet had not response - I do believe they trying to find some information.

I have tried Seac Sub main office and they provided very limited help, just referring me to the local distributor, and not providing any information on options.

I am more than happy to buy parts (ie a new wing) from any where in the world.

Given the limited support in Australia, I am also now considering other makers wings and using on the Seac Back Plate.

As i mentioned The new icaro 2000 started production a few months ago so spare Parts Will be available in 2 moré months aprox, then you Will be Able to get the smaller wing and change it. Icaro Tech is one of the best bc on the market so you have a great equipment.

---------- Post added February 16th, 2014 at 11:06 AM ----------

Icaro 2000 is already in stores and in Australia we have an authorized dealer: Aquanaut Pty. Ltd.
PO Box 100, 2323, , East Maitland, Australia
Distributor
Phone: (02) 4966 4900
Fax: (02) 4966 4955
Email: info@aquanaut.com.au
Web Link: www.aquanaut.com.au

---------- Post added February 16th, 2014 at 11:10 AM ----------

Probably talking with them could help adjust your icaro to your specific needs. Any doubt dont hesitate to contact us here, we will try to Help you as much as possible. Have a great day! Ricardo

Thanks Ricardo

I have been communicating with Aquanaut - but they are no were near as responsive or as you, and have provided no information at all.

You have confirmed that there likely is the opportunity to go the the Icaro 2000 wing, so I will wait a bit.

Thanks again

Trevor B

Thanks for asking and if i can be of Help please Let me know have a great week!

After a number of months and many, many emails to Seac head-office, Seac local (Australia) and the Seac dealer I have not had any constructive feedback. The best I have had is 'we are waiting on a reply', and this is only when I have asked for an update!

I have to say that this has the be the worst customer support I have seen.

The result I have purchased ScubaPro vests and will now look to sell the Seac wings. There is no point having a product if there is no support.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom