Replaceable Neoprene Neck Seals?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive Right In Scuba

ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
For the longest time, if you wanted a replaceable neck seal system, your only choices were Latex or Silicone. Well, Waterproof has recently come out with a Neoprene Neck that works with the Si Tech Quick Neck or Neck Tite replaceable neck system. Many people have not had the system installed because they wanted a neoprene neck and now it's available! Get the comfort, warmth, durability and now replaceability with this new neoprene neck seal!!

Neoprene Neckseal - Dive Right in Scuba

neoprene_neck_seal_for_quick_neck.png

So, Mike, can you explain to someone who has never used a neoprene neck seal what the advantages and disadvantages would be compared to latex or silicone?

Comfort. And less fingernail paranoia.

So, Mike, can you explain to someone who has never used a neoprene neck seal what the advantages and disadvantages would be compared to latex or silicone?

I've used neoprene neck seals for most of my drysuit diving (always had Gamble install them, never tried a replaceable version).

The benefits for me over latex:

(1) More comfortable both in the water and on land

(2) No neck rash

(3) Doesn't fail catastrophically (they tend to loosen over time, not tear)

(4) Can be field-repaired (if loose, cut out a wedge, aquaseal back together)

(5) Lasts longer (I'd get a couple years out of a neo neck seal, usually only one season out of latex)

(6) Warmer

I do use an Apollo Bio-seal with the neoprene neck seal. It helps prevent small leaks when scootering. For kick dives, it isn't as necessary.

All the neo neck seals I've had were custom-made to my neck measurement. Not sure how this replaceable version works with regard to sizing.

$90. If you can get a few seasons out of it that might be worth it.

Do they come in sizes? Neo-neck seals are usually sized and can't be trimmed.

Yes, they are. You can select the size in the product options. I'm working on getting a size chart for these now. I thought we had one, but it doesn't look like we do

What are the measurements for the various sizes? I see XS-S, M-ML, L, XL-XXL, 3XL on the Waterproof site but no explanation for measuring.

What are the measurements for the various sizes? I see XS-S, M-ML, L, XL-XXL, 3XL on the Waterproof site but no explanation for measuring.
We've been hounding them for a size chart on this, it's too hard for us as we don't have different people to fit all sizes, or figure out a range. I will see again, if they have this.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom