Replacement 1G camera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi

I was hoping someone might be able to shed some light on my options for getting a replacement 1G camera. I have all the housing, lenses, strobes etc but the camera was dropped and needless to say does not function very well anymore. Sea and Sea have been ignoring my requests for any information. I understand that they do not sell replacement cameras individually and that the camera may discontinued?

Any advice would be very appreciated

Thanks and have a great day.

The 1G had beendiscontinued long ago. The 2G discontinuedas well. It is a shame because thesewere great cameras. I guess it was notthe Sea&Sea choice. The camera makerRicoh discontinued them.
If you neededthe 2G, I have one in great conditions sitting idle on the shelf since Iupgraded to Canon 60D. However, itwouldn’t fit into the 1G housing. ThoughI have the housing for the 2G too, which I no longer need.

Indeed, no replacement cameras anymore. Maybe on Ebay. Time to move on to the next level up. I was in the same position and have now a micro 4/3 (Olympus) in a housing. Gone is the problem of the dark LCD. Not as flexible as the DX-1G though because you have to choose your lens before you enter the water.

Thanks for the input. Do any of you have additional input on the Ricoh Caplio GX100? It seems to be the same camera more or less as the DX-1G, and they still make it. I have the DX-1G housing, wide angle, arm and strobe etc and although upgrading is down the line I would love to get my old set up going without having to start over. I found the DX-1G set up great for myself and for teaching etc.

Thanks for your help all

I have a used 2 g sea and sea with housing with extras for 400.00 call Hal or Nikki at 323 969 9666
Hi

I was hoping someone might be able to shed some light on my options for getting a replacement 1G camera. I have all the housing, lenses, strobes etc but the camera was dropped and needless to say does not function very well anymore. Sea and Sea have been ignoring my requests for any information. I understand that they do not sell replacement cameras individually and that the camera may discontinued?

Any advice would be very appreciated

Thanks and have a great day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom