Replacement battery for Silent Submersion Magnus

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kingkong072

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I have a buddy who is in need of SS Magnus LiPO battery. It is on it's last leg.
We have tried several emails and voice mails for past 3mos to Rodney and haven't received any reply.
Anyone have any leads on aftermarket battery or have any ways to get in touch with Rodney?

BatterySpace. Ben Martinez should have part number. Alternatively, Jon Nellis may be making a WarpCore for them in the near future. Where is your friend located? I have a spare Lithium Magnus battery I could part with but shipping is rather miserable.

@tbone1004 will have better insight

I knew I can count on Scubaboard!! We are situated in NJ/NY. Name your price !!

Kyung

I have a buddy who is in need of SS Magnus LiPO battery. It is on it's last leg.
We have tried several emails and voice mails for past 3mos to Rodney and haven't received any reply.
Anyone have any leads on aftermarket battery or have any ways to get in touch with Rodney?

you are unlikely to get any response from SS anytime soon due to some issues going on down there, but even if you could, a Batteryspace battery would be about a third of the price and higher quality anyway, somewhere around $1k to replace.

you are unlikely to get any response from SS anytime soon due to some issues going on down there, but even if you could, a Batteryspace battery would be about a third of the price and higher quality anyway, somewhere around $1k to replace.

Thank you @tbone1004 ! Would you happen to have more info as to voltage/configuration of the battery pack?

I've reached out to BatterySpace in CA and there is no one by the name of Ben Martinez and I need to have all the info for the pack. Anyone have more info regarding the pack?

Kyung

Thank you @tbone1004 ! Would you happen to have more info as to voltage/configuration of the battery pack?

I've reached out to BatterySpace in CA and there is no one by the name of Ben Martinez and I need to have all the info for the pack. Anyone have more info regarding the pack?

Kyung

well that's because Ben Martinez is a cave explorer who lives in Florida, so that would explain why they don't have anything on it. I'll shoot him a text and get the part number for you so you can call Battery Space with a part number. I don't know the full configuration of the pack, but voltage was the same as stock which I think is 13S

well that's because Ben Martinez is a cave explorer who lives in Florida, so that would explain why they don't have anything on it. I'll shoot him a text and get the part number for you so you can call Battery Space with a part number. I don't know the full configuration of the pack, but voltage was the same as stock which I think is 13S

The Magnus packs are 12s just like the DX Cuda Furys.

tbone. I picked up a battery from Batter Space for my SS viper. How did you wire in the charge/ discharge cord
Im new here. Any advice is greatly appreciated

tbone. I picked up a battery from Batter Space for my SS viper. How did you wire in the charge/ discharge cord
Im new here. Any advice is greatly appreciated
I crimped ring terminals onto the ends of the battery and attached them to the studs on the plate, similar to the stock battery. Can't recall the ring terminal size though

Back
Top Bottom