Replacement for SP-350, Sp-560 or 570?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

merxlin

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I had a small leak and damaged my SP-350. Because of my insurance, if needed they will want to replace the camera & housing. The SP-350 is discontinued and virtually unavailable new. My question is, what would most of you consider the "replacement" for it, the SP-560 or the SP-570?

Anyone using the 570 I'd like your feedback on how it is working out for you. Since it has a hot shoe, I can use all my TTL cables.

Hi Mike,
the problem with both of the replacement cameras is the long zoom. The camera housings port has to be really big resulting in not being able to use addon lenses. The port also blocks the camera's internal flash. So really, neither camera is a good solution. I'd see if the insurance would just give you a check for the damage.

The 570 doesn't have a housing for it. The 560 does and works very nicely.

Not to rain on the Olympus parade here, but IMHO the best of the all-in-one cameras available right now are the Canon G9 and the Nikon P5100.

:mooner::D

I like my 350

Not to rain on the Olympus parade here, but IMHO the best of the all-in-one cameras available right now are the Canon G9 and the Nikon P5100.

That may be true, but DEPP insurance is replacement insurance, so they wil try to match as best they can same brand and specifications. Also, I'd like to be able to use my TTL cables with the new camera.

I like my 350

And I love my 360. :D This is so much like grade school. My dogs better than your dog. Neener neener neener. :rofl3:

But but but

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom