Replacement parts for sea and sea dx d200 housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

VividOceans

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Does anyone know where I can find replacement parts for my sea and sea dx d200 housing?

I need the strobe electronics. The whole piece including the strobe connection. I think it's called a bulkhead connector.

try Sea & Sea? Where did you get the housing?

Or check this thread which has info about Pacific Housings http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/sea-and-sea-society/472045-broke-latch-2g-housing.html

Or depending upon your needs, buy an old housing from ebay. I have obtained multiple bulkhead connectors (no electronics) by scavenging obsolete housings. Generally around $100 per bulkhead...

You will likely need to provide more concise information about exactly what you need. The mechanical "socket" that goes through the housing is called a bulkhead connector.

For a Sea & Sea housing it will be a Nikonos style bulkhead. It has no electronics. Just a connector and some wires to a hotshoe connector. BUT: Some housings have an internal TTL converter which is electronic.

Also note that there are (at least) 2 different styles of Sea & Sea Nikonos bulkhead connectors. The dxd200 has a "twin set" while other housings have 1 or more single bulkheads. The twinset does not have an internal locking nut and hence requires less internal housing space (just the hole). It is secured from the outside of the housing. Single bulkheads rely upon an internal nut or c clip (depending upon the design) and require more internal clearance.

---------- Post added September 15th, 2015 at 12:35 AM ----------

I forgot - there is generally some potted electronics inside the housing that does some magic stuff that makes the "strobe" bulkhead different from the "ttl converter" bulkhead.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom