Replacement strap or buckle for Geo 2 DC?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jdevic

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I bought a new Geo 2 from ebay (an authorized dealer based in Italy) about 16 months ago. The buckle fell off during my 2nd dive in Cozumel. I switched the buckle from the extension strap over. Afterwards, I sent an email through Oceanic website asking for a replacement strap / buckle - no response. Since I only dove warm water at the time, I did not bother to follow up.

Now, I do dive cold water and I need the extension strap for my dry suit. I left a voicemail for Oceanic a month ago - still no response.

I gave up contacting them and this will definitely be my first and last Oceanic DC.

I wonder if there is any quick and dirty way to extend the watch strap reliably? or any 3rd party options?

Thanks.

They were recently bought by Huish. Probably why they are hard to contact at this time. Simple quick and dirty way is bungee straps through the pins for the watch strap.

@Aviyes have you passed a bungee strap through the pins on your geo 2.0? Let us know how it worked out. Post a pic. I have tried on mine but the clearance between the housing and on was too tight to pass the bungee through.

I did replace my strap with a nato strap that I then attached bungee to. Works great with dry suit down to skin I will get a pic later today.

Back
Top Bottom