Replacing an attached drysuit-hood (compressed neoprene)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shiro

Registered
Reaction score
Hello,
My Northern Diver CNX has an attached hood. The suit is otherwise fine, but the hood leaves too much facial-skin exposed. Thats why I'd like to replace it with a custom-made one with larger face-seal.

Has anyone done such an alteration by him-/herself? If so, any info/pictures on what glues to use and so on are greatly appreciated

Cheers,
Shiro

If its cold a problem I wonder if a Henderson ice mask would work. They are dangerous if the reg slips out and the maskcovers your mouth. Maybe you can get an ice mask and make the holes for mouth larger to avoid this.

Is it the extreme cold you are concerned about or water getting into the hood ?

Shiro,

I also have a Northern Diver CNX2000. My hood was torn and I decided to trim the hood off and use a new drysuit hood that is unattached. That works well for me and it was much easier to see my neck seal after removing the old hood.

But in your case, I think it's best to have a wetsuit/drysuit repair shop to do the work.

Ericson

Shiro:
Hello,
My Northern Diver CNX has an attached hood. The suit is otherwise fine, but the hood leaves too much facial-skin exposed. Thats why I'd like to replace it with a custom-made one with larger face-seal.

Has anyone done such an alteration by him-/herself? If so, any info/pictures on what glues to use and so on are greatly appreciated

Cheers,
Shiro

ScubaSarus:
Is it the extreme cold you are concerned about or water getting into the hood ?

Mostly the air moving hood<->suit.. and having cold water into the hood again and again is really annoying too :frosty:

The cheapest offer so far for changing the hood + neck seal is 260 euros.. something like 300 US. That kind of makes you wanna chart your other options, eh? :eyebrow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom