Replacing comfort swivel hose on Atomic B2 with flex hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

flspy

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am reconfiguring my gear to be more streamlined and want to replace the standard rubber "Comfort Swivel" hose with a braided hose. I also am running a 40" hose under my arm for the primary and a 22" for the octo on a necklace.

The problem I am having is that there are very few well done videos or instructions on replacing these hoses- or any regulator hoses, for that matter.. At least, I have not found one.

I was able to remove the swivel hose at the regulator, add the jam nut, and put on the 70 degree swivel from Dive Gear Express.

What is weird to me:

There are no o-rings in the threaded ends that go over the B2's post?

Should I leave the o-ring that was on there from the Atomic swivel hose? Most people say no, some say yes?

2015-06-28 14.42.56.jpg2015-06-28 15.10.40.jpg2015-06-28 15.23.49.jpg

Last edited:
No o-ring needed between the jam nut and B2 housing. No o-ring needed between angle adapter and jam nut either. The seal between the housing and the inlet tube is a radial o-ring, between the tube and the housing. The seal between the LP hose and the inlet tube is inside the LP hose fitting

That o-ring does not serve as a seal but as a torque cushion between the jam nut and the body. Unless you see some reason to remove it, I would leave it there. The photo does not show it but the swivel does need to fit snugly against the 2nd stage body and that o-ring should help. If that connection is not snug, you may need to add another jam nut in the series.

That o-ring does not serve as a seal but as a torque cushion between the jam nut and the body. Unless you see some reason to remove it, I would leave it there. The photo does not show it but the swivel does need to fit snugly against the 2nd stage body and that o-ring should help. If that connection is not snug, you may need to add another jam nut in the series.

Late to the party but the eelnoraa is correct, the o-ring is not needed and keep it with the swivel hose. The jam nut just sits against the body of the regulator and the inlet tube. It just needs to be finger tight.

I am reconfiguring my gear to be more streamlined and want to replace the standard rubber "Comfort Swivel" hose with a braided hose. I also am running a 40" hose under my arm for the primary and a 22" for the octo on a necklace.

The problem I am having is that there are very few well done videos or instructions on replacing these hoses- or any regulator hoses, for that matter.. At least, I have not found one.

I was able to remove the swivel hose at the regulator, add the jam nut, and put on the 70 degree swivel from Dive Gear Express.

What is weird to me:

There are no o-rings in the threaded ends that go over the B2's post?

Should I leave the o-ring that was on there from the Atomic swivel hose? Most people say no, some say yes?

View attachment 211416View attachment 211417View attachment 211423

How did this work out for you? I'm about to do the same thing with my Atomic (the hose is just too long for me).

Also late to the party but wondering the same thing
Considering getting an atomic reg but I dive a 40" primary hose as well and far prefer braided hoses.
Any info would be much appreciated!

Also late to the party but wondering the same thing
Considering getting an atomic reg but I dive a 40" primary hose as well and far prefer braided hoses.
Any info would be much appreciated!
oops, missed that you already had the part

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom