Replacing the Battery on a Oceanic VEO 250 (help me get this thing out of the boot)!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

myrddin

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey folks... need someone with more experience than me to assist... I have been trying to pop the computer out of the boot, even tried to use a butter knife on each side to get it started (saw this in another thread)... I cant get it out, and I am afraid to keep poking at it cause I don't want to brake it... Can anyone help me out... pics would be nice because I just don't see how it comes out.

thanks in advance...

looks like this one:
oceanicveo250.jpg

It comes out by getting something behind it and making it come out but it always scares me too. Wait till you try to reassemble the cover over the battery. Oceanic really went backward there.

Is this true?

Remove the screw. Pull the plastic console parts away from the SPG (2 piece part). The computer is not integrated into the air hose in any fashion. Additionally, there is no need to remove the plastic console housing from around the computer. Basically, the allen screw holds the computer and SPG together).

---------- Post added November 14th, 2013 at 09:18 PM ----------

I took the console off with the allen bolt, then I just pried the computer out... not cool... I do not like the way it comes out... I hope it goes back together OK...

thanks for your help!!!

In case anybody is still remotely interested in this [I have an old Veo250 I keep as a backup], the screw in the back of the computer/gauge housing will come completely out [you may have to work at it] and the sides of the boot will then easily swivel out to free the computer. I'm having to replace the battery in my unit, and I'll post any further tips here as I discover them...

In case anybody is still remotely interested in this [I have an old Veo250 I keep as a backup], the screw in the back of the computer/gauge housing will come completely out [you may have to work at it] and the sides of the boot will then easily swivel out to free the computer. I'm having to replace the battery in my unit, and I'll post any further tips here as I discover them...
It is difficult to pry the computer out of the housing and to put it back in with alignment correct. I assume you have the battery door tool?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom