REPORT: Scubaboard for Carnaval Dinner 2015

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cvchief

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Ok, in the famous words, you snooze, you lose, here is the report on February 2015's Semi-official Scubaboard Dinner:

First our dear friend Bettyfrom[-]Toronto [/-]Cozumel. She is a dear!

IMG_3808.jpg

And look here. I wasn't sure he really existed. It is Aldora Dave himself. I thought he might just be a legend, but I met the man himself. I knew he would be a hoot, but he is even better in person! And he paid off on a long time promise to buy me a margarita, which you can see he is making in good on here. I could party with this guy! With him is none other than the bane of lionfish, the killer extraordinaire, Sallye herself the holder of the World Lionfish record for Mexico!
IMG_3807.jpg

Some more of our happy crew, including my dear friend Andy.

IMG_3810.jpg

Some more of our friends, incuding Steve the Jefe of the Tres Pelicanos, owner of the Skinny Shark, perhaps the second fastest boat in Caleta. (hehe) My wife says he is a hoot as well. Terrific guy.

IMG_3811.jpg

And there is Steve hanging on my wife. Hmmm... She says he is far more interesting than me.
IMG_3814.jpg

I made reservations for like 20, but I think we exceeded that. Our dear friends at El Moro were scrambling to get us extra tables. Things may have gotten out of hand as Triple-M was not there to mod the dinner. JDC was sorely missed as well. Even so, I think it was a pretty good turn out and I was privledged to meet a number of new Scubaboarders I had not previously had the privledge of meeting. I was also nice to see several SBers I had not seen in a while. And did I mention Aldora Dave bought me a Marg?

NetDoc, if you need my address for my Award for Best Scubaboard Dinner, just PM me......

Nice turnout!

Mmmmmm El Moro...
images

CV thanks for all the kind words. Both my wife and I really enjoyed meeting all the board folks. Nice to be able to place a face to a name. As for your wife--very sweet lady--as for the second fastest boat--well as you know, Carlos has two 200 hp Yamaha's pushing the Maximum. That is 100 more horsepower than the Skinny Shark. Never the less, both boats and boat captains are two of the best in the water. Thanks again for all the effort that you put into this affair.

Back
Top Bottom